LINGUIST List 18.1756|
Sat Jun 09 2007
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Customer Support Engineer, InQuira Inc
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Computational Linguistics: Customer Support Engineer, InQuira Inc., CA, USA
Message 1: Computational Linguistics: Customer Support Engineer, InQuira Inc., CA, USA
From: Leann Das <ldasinquira.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Customer Support Engineer, InQuira Inc., CA, USA
Organization: InQuira Inc.
Web Address: http://www.inquira.com/
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
InQuira is a dynamic fast-paced start-up organization that plans to
revolutionize the way everyone will interact with computer systems using
our unique and patented natural language interaction technology. Our
products enable people to use computers and the Internet to obtain the
right information on demand, using plain language rather than
computer-speak. We are looking for smart, energetic, team players that are
looking to build the next generation of intelligent interaction products
The Customer Support Engineer provides technical support to customers by
answering complex questions on function, usage and integration of Inquira
products. You will become an expert with InQuira's technology, and
functionality. You'll serve as a key resource for our customers and
integration partners, who will call upon you to apply our technology to
help solve their business problems. This role requires excellent
interpersonal and communication skills.
- Acting as the primary support liaison between Inquira and its customers,
the Customer Support Engineer will work with customers to identify,
troubleshoot, and correct technical issues.
- Typical issues range from simple usage questions to complicated
debugging of error conditions.
- Provide level 2/3 support for customers by responding to incoming email
and phone calls.
- Performing problem resolution and verification.
- Maintaining status of issues in the call tracking system.
- Assisting in testing product updates from engineering.
- Providing support for Beta programs.
- Conveying customer feedback to the product development group.
- Rotating beeper coverage (24x7)
- Assist in the development of the Inquira Knowledge Base and other
e-support tools for use by InQuira's customers.
- 3-10 years of Enterprise Software support, consulting and implementation
- Troubleshooting and enhanced deductive reasoning skills.
- Strong technical communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a small company environment to deliver the best
solutions to our clients.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work under time
- Ability to clearly document solution status and resolution.
- Experience with Solaris, Linux, Win2000 and WinXP.
- Familiarity with scripting tools (i.e. Perl, shell etc).
- Knowledge and experience of using XML, XSLT, HTML and other Web
- Ability to install and maintain SQL based databases.
- Professional experience interacting with clients
- Proactive, Self-starter
- Must be willing to travel
- Knowledge of application servers (Tomcat, Weblogic) is a plus.
- Experience with Search technology or Content Management Systems a big plus.
- Knowledge of distributed computing technologies (EJB/COM) is a plus.
- Experience deploying or integrating with Siebel, Vignette, Clarify,
Kana, or other CRM applications will be useful.
- Background or interest in linguistics, AI, or computational linguistics.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
851T raeger Ave, Suite 125
San Bruno, CA 94066
Web Address for Applications:
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.