LINGUIST List 18.1843|
Tue Jun 19 2007
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Linguist II, Sensory, Inc.
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Computational Linguistics: Linguist II, Sensory, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA, Portland, OR, USA
Message 1: Computational Linguistics: Linguist II, Sensory, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA, Portland, OR, USA
From: Jobs <jobssensoryinc.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Linguist II, Sensory, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA, Portland, OR, USA
Organization: Sensory, Inc.
Web Address: http://www.sensoryinc.com
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Seeking Linguist with project management skills. Must be business oriented
and able to juggle multiple projects and priorities. Must be a fast
learner with interest in phonetics, phonology and technical concepts. Must
have keen attention to detail.
- Develop and test SI recognition sets/speech synthesis for customer
- Work with Sales and Project Management to create and review customer
product flowcharts and documentation.
- Work with Engineers to deliver internal project deliverables on
schedule. Take responsibility for resolving project issues as they arise.
- QA testing and review of customer products. Keep detailed records and
- QA testing of Sensory's QT2SI (Quick Text-to-Speaker-Independent)
recognition tool and Quick Synthesis speech compression tool.
- Perform phonetic/phonological analysis for ASR & TTS engines.
- Research and acquire resources needed to develop ASR & TTS engines.
(Identify existing databases for ASR training use and negotiate terms and
agreements with source.)
- Assist in maintaining existing lexicons and speech data.
- Research and prepare lexicons for new planned languages. (Includes
writing phonology rules for adults and children, mapping SAMPA/DARPAbet/IPA
transcriptions to WorldBet, & reviewing and correcting transcriptions
purchased from outside sources.)
- Assist in recruiting and making recordings. Note: Some off-site work
will be necessary.
1-3 years total job experience with demonstrated interest in linguistics
and project management.
- Fluency in at least one foreign language.
- Excellent understanding of phonological and phonetic concepts.
- Ability to interpret spectrograms.
- Ability to transcribe in IPA.
- Computer literate (Windows, DOS) and experience with MS Office applications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Audio editing experience
- Experience using tools such as CoolEdit, Peak, Sound Forge, Praat
- Knowledge of WorldBet or SAMPA
BA / BS in Linguistics
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Contact Information/Email: jobssensoryinc.com
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.