LINGUIST List 18.2586|
Thu Sep 06 2007
Jobs: Dutch; French; English & Comp Ling: Computational Linguist, Q-go
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
van der Beek,
Dutch; French; English & Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Q-go, Diemen, Netherlands
Message 1: Dutch; French; English & Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Q-go, Diemen, Netherlands
From: Leonoor van der Beek <leonoor.van.der.beekq-go.com>
Subject: Dutch; French; English & Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Q-go, Diemen, Netherlands
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Q-go
Web Address: http://www.q-go.com
Job Rank: Computational Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Dutch (nld)
The Organization Q-go
Q-go is an international, fast growing, Dutch software company specialized
in Customer Interaction Management applications based on Natural Language
Processing technology. The applications enable people to formulate a
question / search query in their own words. Q-go's technology ensures a
relevant match, generally consisting of a model question and answer. We
thus provide easy access to information, as well as insight in the needs
of the user. Q-go's technology is currently available in eight European
languages and is in use by leading European companies.
Q-go's headquarters is in Diemen, The Netherlands. Furthermore, we operate
from offices in Bonn, Munich, Zurich, Madrid and Barcelona. From these
offices leading companies in banking, insurance, telecommunications and
government are serviced. Our fast growing customer base requires two
additional Computational Linguists.
This position is located in our Diemen, Netherlands office. The
Computational Linguist will be part of the Professional Services team. This
team is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and management of
all our current customer projects.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain dictionaries / thesauri
- Grammar improvements: building and adjusting grammar rules
- Development of translation rules
- Improve keyword matching
- Question and answer database analyses
* Advise on how model questions need to be phrased
* Advise in general on how to improve matching results
- Problem resolution
* Investigate why some results are not presented, and what can be done
to improve them
* Improve matching of end-user questions by fine-tuning our language
- Participate in internal projects for further improvement of our core
- Ensure customers are satisfied with Q-go products and services;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Culture of Professional Services Department:
- Energetic and fast paced work environment
- Team and customer oriented
- Initiative, professionalism and ambitions are highly valued!
- Working permit for the Netherlands (EU)
- Either (near) native French speaker and fluent in English or Dutch, OR
native speaker of English
- Solid background in Computational Linguistics, Linguistics, or related field
- Proficiency with standard MS applications
- Experience with Unix/Linux and/or relational databases a big plus
- 2+ years working in customer/field service environment or equivalent
- See your work on major websites within Europe and outside Europe.
- Opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of an
international, leading-edge software company.
- Plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your skills
If you are enthusiastic about this job profile, please do not hesitate to
send your resume to the application email address listed below, Attn
Leonoor van der Beek.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: jobsq-go.com
Dr. Leonoor van der Beek
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.