LINGUIST List 18.3180|
Tue Oct 30 2007
Jobs: Spanish & Computational Ling: Computational Linguist, Temis
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Spanish & Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Temis, Paris, France
Message 1: Spanish & Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Temis, Paris, France
From: Anne Mellier <anne.melliertemis.com>
Subject: Spanish & Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Temis, Paris, France
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Temis
Web Address: http://www.temis.com
Job Rank: Computational Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
TEMIS is the European leader in providing Text Mining solutions. TEMIS
provides a comprehensive and scalable enterprise solution to organize,
analyze and deliver information from any unstructured source in all major
We have an immediate need for a full-time position in computational
linguistics in the field of competitive intelligence. This job is based on
a specific project that will last 6 months.
The job will consist of :
- Writing linguistic specifications for Spanish and Portuguese
- Gathering corpora
- Developing and testing semantic and grammatical relationships in Spanish
and Portuguese in the field of competitive intelligence.
Required skills :
- Fluency in Spanish and Portuguese
- Fluency in French and/or English (work language)
- Familiar with regular expressions
- Able to modelize information
- Adaptability to new information technologies
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Pragmatic and able to work autonomously
- Strong ability to work on a team
- Adaptability to an ever evolving environment
- Master's degree (level 1 or 2)
Desired skills :
- Familiar with Xpath, grep, etc.
- Fluency in German, Italian, etc.
- Familiar with Competitve Intelligence needs
- Familiar with Named Entities extraction
This job :
- should start as soon as possible
- contract for 6 months renewable.
- is based in Paris (France)
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Mailing Address for Applications:
193-197 rue de Bercy
Email Address for Applications: anne.melliertemis.com
Phone: 01 40 04 46 68
This position has been filled.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.