LINGUIST List 18.3818|
Wed Dec 19 2007
Calls: Language Acquisition/Japan
Editor for this issue: Stephanie Morse
As a matter of policy, LINGUIST discourages the use of abbreviations
or acronyms in conference announcements unless they are explained in
the text. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
2008 Conference of Japan Second Language Acquisition
Message 1: 2008 Conference of Japan Second Language Acquisition
From: Maki Yamane <my95002nifty.com>
Subject: 2008 Conference of Japan Second Language Acquisition
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 2008 Conference of Japan Second Language Acquisition
Short Title: J-SLA2008
Date: 31-May-2008 - 01-Jun-2008
Location: Kyoto, Japan
Contact Person: Shunji Inagaki
Meeting Email: shunjil2yahoo.co.jp
Web Site: http://www.j-sla.org/e/index.html
Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition
Call Deadline: 10-Mar-2008
Japan Second Language Acquisition calls for papers to be presented at 2008
conference held in Kyoto, Japan. 1000-word abstract should be electronically
sent by March 10, 2008.
Call for papers
J-SLA2008 (The 8th Annual Conference of the Japan Second Language Association)
(1) Date:May 31-June 1, 2008
(2) Place: Kyoto University of Foreign Studies
(3) Plenary speaker: Lydia White (McGill University)
(4) Academic areas:
Abstracts for papers are invited on any theoretical or empirical area of
research in SLA.
(5) Time length of presentations:
Abstracts are welcomed for 30-minute talks or poster sessions on any aspect of
second language acquisition. Individual papers for oral presentation will be
allotted 45 minutes (30 minutes for presentation, followed by 15 minutes of
(6) Deadline for receipt of abstracts: March 10, 2008
(7) Notification of acceptance: April 10, 2008
(8) Abstract submission procedure:
Please prepare your abstract (1600 characters in Japanese or 1000 words in
English) as an MS-Word file (or a PDF file if it contains special characters)
and send it as an attachment to the following e-mail address:
shunjil2yahoo.co.jp (Shunji Inagaki)
Write ''J-SLA Abstract Submission'' in the subject line of your e-mail. Give the
title of the paper, your name, affiliation, address, telephone number, fax
number, e-mail address, and type of proposal (paper or poster) as a list in the
main text of your e-mail. Note at the bottom of the list whether you are willing
to participate in the poster session if your paper is not accepted as an oral
(9) Notes regarding abstract submission:
* Figures and tables are not counted as part of the word limit, but should be
included in the abstract. The total length of the abstract should not exceed two
pages of A4 paper.
* Give the title of the abstract at the top and the number of characters (if
written in Japanese) or words (if written in English) at the bottom.
* Do not put the name(s) of the presenter(s) on the abstract.
* Send a shorter version of the abstract (no more than 300 characters in
Japanese or 100 words in English) as a separate attachment. Give its title at
the top and the number of characters or words at the bottom.
(10) General notes
* All presenters must be members of the J-SLA at the time of the conference.
(It is not necessary for co-presenters to be members.)
* Information on joining the J-SLA may be found at the following website:
* The language of presentations may be either Japanese or English.
* No substitute presenters will be allowed.
* No financial support for transportation and accommodation will be offered.
For more information, please contact Shigenori Wakabayashi:
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.