LINGUIST List 18.499|
Wed Feb 14 2007
Jobs: Comp Ling; Various Langs & English: Programmer, Nuance Intl.
Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Computational Linguistics; Various Languages & English: Programmer, Nuance Communications Intl., Merelbeke, Belgium
Message 1: Computational Linguistics; Various Languages & English: Programmer, Nuance Communications Intl., Merelbeke, Belgium
From: Alan Kitaman <alan.kitamannuance.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Various Languages & English: Programmer, Nuance Communications Intl., Merelbeke, Belgium
Organization: Nuance Communications International
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Rank: Programmer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Nuance is the leading provider of speech and imaging solutions for businesses
and consumers around the world. Every day, millions of users and thousands of
businesses experience Nuance by calling directory assistance, requesting account
information, dictating patient records, telling a navigation system their
destination, or digitally reproducing documents that can be shared and searched.
With more than 2000 employees worldwide, we are committed to make the user
experience more enjoyable by transforming the way people interact with
information and how they create, share and use documents. Making each of those
experiences productive and compelling is what Nuance is about.
Temporary Full-time Language Specialist Wanted!
Nuance Communications, Inc., a world-wide leader in speech technology, is
seeking full-time temporary language specialist to develop our newest TTS
technology into various languages.
Positions are available for the following languages:
- Dutch ( The Netherlands)
- Mandarin (People's Republic of China)
- Mandarin (Taiwan)
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Helping in development of the linguistic processing components
- Design of text corpora for recording and testing
- Processing speech data
- Creating and tuning the TTS voice
- Testing and productization of the TTS voice
- Native or near native speaker of one of them above-mentioned languages
- Speak English fluently (working language)
- Have some experience working in speech/NLP/linguistics either in academia
or in industry
- Have some computational ability - no programming is required, but you should
be comfortable working with MS Windows
- If you know some AWK or Perl, it would be an advantage
- Willing to work in Merelbeke (near Ghent in Belgium) for the duration of the
- A 3-5 months contract
- Training in all aspects of the job, and you will be working with a talented
and committed team
- An exciting job with an innovative and performing international company
- The opportunity to work in an enthusiastic, supportive team
- Competitive remuneration package
- Relocation, travel and accommodation assistance
To apply, please submit your resume or CV and a brief statement describing your
experience and abilities to alan.kitamannuance.com. We will consider only
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
The experience speaks for itself (TM)
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.