LINGUIST List 19.1438|
Tue Apr 29 2008
Jobs: Various Langs & Various Subdisciplines: Support Engineer, SDL ...
Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Various Langs & Various Subdisciplines: Support Engineer, SDL Technologies, Copenhagen, Denmark
Message 1: Various Langs & Various Subdisciplines: Support Engineer, SDL Technologies, Copenhagen, Denmark
From: Paul Filkin <pfilkinsdl.com>
Subject: Various Langs & Various Subdisciplines: Support Engineer, SDL Technologies, Copenhagen, Denmark
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: SDL Technologies
Job Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Web Address: http://www.sdl.com
Job Rank: Support Engineer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Translation; CAT Tools
Required Language(s): Danish (dan)
Customer Support Engineer
This position is based in Copenhagen, Denmark. The specialist works on the
front line supporting our fast-growing customer base in the use of SDL and
Start date: ASAP
What does the position involve?
You must be a highly analytical and articulate individual who will work in
a busy team providing high-quality technical support to our customers. The
successful candidate will thrive in a challenging environment where they
will be constantly gaining knowledge of SDL's desktop and server based
- Provide real time responses to our customer support inquiries.
- Interact with our customers via electronic channels and telephone.
- Diagnose problem causes and provide solutions.
- Ensure continuous monitoring of customer issues until they are resolved.
- Contribute FAQs and articles to the knowledge base.
- Work closely with development to diagnose bugs and provide patches to
- Occasional beta testing of new product releases.
- Occasional delivery of training to our customers.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Finnish or
Swedish essential, Danish an advantage.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- Empathy and enthusiasm essential to dealing with difficult customer issues.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methodologies and technologies, and work
in a high-pressure environment.
- Preference for working in a cooperative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new technology quickly.
- Good knowledge of common applications and file formats (DOC, RTF, PPT,
XLS, HTML, XML and other DTP formats such as FrameMaker and InDesign).
- Experience in one or more of the following: MS SQL Database Server;
Internet Information Services/Apache Tomcat; Windows operating systems
(2000, XP, Vista and their respective server versions); .NET; Java.
- Experience with computer-aided translation software, ideally with SDL
Trados tools, would be a distinct advantage.
Is your background in one of the following areas?
- Experience working in technical support, customer service or call center
- Degree in computational linguistics, computer science or
translation/linguistics with a focus on computer-assisted/machine
translation and/or terminology management
- Experience in the localization industry
- Initial experience with Windows networks and their administration
Are you interested in…
- Working in an international environment?
- Keeping abreast of new technologies?
- A dynamic career path with exciting prospects?
- A casual, yet focused work environment?
- Excellent compensation?
- New challenges and interesting projects?
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: recruitment.supportsdl.com
Web Address for Applications: http://www.sdl.com/en/company/careers/fullTime/denmark/
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.