LINGUIST List 19.2057|
Fri Jun 27 2008
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Programmer, Abraxas Corp
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Computational Linguistics: Programmer, Abraxas Corp, Herndon, VA, USA
Message 1: Computational Linguistics: Programmer, Abraxas Corp, Herndon, VA, USA
From: Danielle Faucher <danielle.faucherabraxascorp.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Programmer, Abraxas Corp, Herndon, VA, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Abraxas Corp
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://www.abraxascorp.com
Job Rank: Programmer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing
Please Note: US Citizenship Required
Senior Computational Linguist
Specialty: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing
- MS in computational linguistics and 10+ years of experience in
designing, developing and evaluating human language technology OR
- PhD and 5+ years experience in designing, developing and evaluating
human language technology
- Strong development skills in Java, C/C++ and Perl
- Expertise in one or more specialty areas including information
extraction, cross language information retrieval, cross-language name
matching, automatic summarization or machine translation. Other specialty
- Familiarity with issues in multilingual computing, localization and text
- Experience with processing very large corpora
- Solid background in both linguistics and programming/computer science
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- A combination of research and implementation experience.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more foreign languages
- Project management or tech lead experience
- Strong background in statistical modelling
- Experience with SQL and/or database programming
We also have a Junior level opening for the same type of work.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: danielle.faucherabraxascorp.com
Technical Recruiter Danielle Faucher
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.