LINGUIST List 19.2089|
Tue Jul 01 2008
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, TextWise, LLC
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Computational Linguistics: Scientist, TextWise, LLC, Rochester/Syracuse, NY, USA
Message 1: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, TextWise, LLC, Rochester/Syracuse, NY, USA
From: Wen Ruan <wentextwise.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, TextWise, LLC, Rochester/Syracuse, NY, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: TextWise, LLC
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://www.textwise.com/
Job Rank: Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
TextWise LLC is actively undertaking research, development, and
productization of semantic technologies. As part of this effort, we have
an immediate need for a research scientist to perform the following duties:
- Investigate and elaborate techniques for representing the semantic
content of natural language texts.
- Develop language-specific and language-independent algorithms and
- Develop software prototypes in order to test these algorithms and
heuristics using real world data.
- Corpus analysis for the discovery of linguistic patterns and features.
- Develop and maintain content databases for development and testing.
- Design and perform evaluations of algorithms and prototypes.
Required qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Masters or PhD in linguistics, computational linguistics, or closely
- Competence in programming in one or more of the following: C/C++, Perl
- Experience in developing and applying corpus-based methods in text analysis.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience creating taxonomies and/or ontologies extremely desirable.
- Experience in machine learning techniques a plus.
- Fluency (speaking, reading, and language theory) of one foreign language
TextWise is a small company with a start-up atmosphere. The team style is
collaborative and high energy. You will work daily with a team of
scientists. In addition, you will also interact with the Software
Engineers, Quality Assurance, Project Management, and Sales.
This position reports to the Chief Science Officer. Salary is commensurate
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: job_ref_500textwise.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.