LINGUIST List 19.2269|
Wed Jul 16 2008
Jobs: English & Phonetics: Scientist, Saybot LLC.
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
English & Phonetics: Scientist, Saybot LLC., Shanghai, China
Message 1: English & Phonetics: Scientist, Saybot LLC., Shanghai, China
From: Wenyao Li <carol.lisaybot.com>
Subject: English & Phonetics: Scientist, Saybot LLC., Shanghai, China
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Saybot LLC.
Job Location: Shanghai, China
Web Address: http://www.saybot.com
Job Rank: Scientist
Specialty Areas: Phonetics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
As a member of the core technology team, you will:
- Guide technology developments from a language expert point of view: work
with speech engineers on the way to use and improve speech analysis
algorithms for speech and language assessment and scoring.
- Collect, process and manage linguistic data for technology developments:
transcribe, annotate and validate recordings and text from various sources.
Design and conduct evaluation experiments. Manage internal and external
contributors and partners.
- Guide curriculum development team in the use of developed technologies
for the purpose of language acquisition.
- MSc/PhD in linguistics or related discipline with significant academic
- Excellent knowledge of English and Mandarin.
Expertise in at least one of these domains:
- Second language acquisition
- Language assessment
- Coding skills, specially with scripting languages (Perl or Python).
- Experience in speech technologies would be highly appreciated.
- Project management experience would be a big plus.
- English teaching experience would be a big plus.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: fannie.fansaybot.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.