LINGUIST List 19.2450|
Thu Aug 07 2008
Jobs: Karok & Lang Documentation: Lang Program Coordinator, Karuk ...
Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Karok & Language Documentation: Language Program Coordinator, Karuk Tribe of California, Happy Camp, CA, USA
Message 1: Karok & Language Documentation: Language Program Coordinator, Karuk Tribe of California, Happy Camp, CA, USA
From: Sara Spence <sspencekaruk.us>
Subject: Karok & Language Documentation: Language Program Coordinator, Karuk Tribe of California, Happy Camp, CA, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Karuk Tribe of California
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.karuk.us
Job Rank: Language Program Coordinator
Specialty Areas: Language Documentation
Required Language(s): Karok (kyh)
Salary: $35,360 to $41,600, depending on experience
This will be a full time position funded through the ANA Language grant
through September 29, 2011.
Shall be responsible for directing activities within the Karuk Language
Program, including facilitating the work of the Karuk Language Masters and
Apprentices and the Tribal Linguist to complete the goals and objectives of
the ANA Language Grant.
1. Shall be responsible for the successful implementation of the goals,
objectives, and activities of the ANA Language Grant.
2. Shall plan and organize project training weekends.
3. Shall supervise staff assigned to the language program.
4. Shall arrange the contracting of program consultant services.
5. Shall coordinate consultant activities.
6. Shall coordinate project involvement and participation in other Tribal
7. Shall be responsible for the submission of program products and archival
materials to the People's Center.
8. Shall schedule and publicize Karuk Language Restoration Committee Meetings.
9. Shall seek opportunities to extend the Karuk Language Program beyond the
existing ANA funding and objectives.
10. Shall process Karuk language related requests of Tribal Members and others.
11. Shall locate additional Karuk Language materials for submission to the
People's Center and seek funds to acquire them.
12. Shall conduct a Karuk Language Class in the Happy Camp area.
13. Shall submit a monthly project report to the Tribal Council and reports
to ANA, as required.
14. Shall be available for local and out of the area travel as required for
job related training. Shall attend all required meetings and functions as
15. Other job related duties as assigned.
Application Deadline: 22-Aug-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
Human Resources Manager Sara Spence
PO Box 1016
Happy Camp, CA 96039
Email Address for Applications: sspencekaruk.us
Web Address for Applications: http://www.karuk.us/jobs/
Human Resources Manager Sara Spence
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.