LINGUIST List 19.257|
Mon Jan 21 2008
Jobs: Modified: Eng & Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist, SkyGrid, Inc
Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Modified: English & Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist, SkyGrid, Inc, CA, USA
Message 1: Modified: English & Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist, SkyGrid, Inc, CA, USA
From: Walter Johnson <waltskygrid.com>
Subject: Modified: English & Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist, SkyGrid, Inc, CA, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: SkyGrid, Inc.
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://stormwatchnews.com
Job Rank: Linguist
Specialty Areas: Text/Corpus Linguistics; Natural Language Processing
Required Language(s): English (eng)
SkyGrid has an exciting and challenging opportunity for linguists to join
our unique engineering and scientific team and help create the
next-generation of our StormWatch Internet application. StormWatch provides
real-time semantic analysis and delivery of internet news. You will
contribute alongside experts in fields such as natural language processing,
scalable Internet infrastructure, and semantic analysis to advance the
capabilities of our core technologies.
- Analyze Internet news content for linguistic patterns.
- Take ownership of StormWatch classification models for Internet content.
- Continuously and proactively strive to improve classification quality.
- Work closely with other team members to improve StormWatch.
- Organize and communicate your findings clearly, succinctly, and frequently.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Degree in linguistics or equivalent working experience.
- A passion to work on a leading edge internet application.
- Ability to apply linguistic expertise to build classification models for
- Experience in news analysis or computational linguistics a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A team player with strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with Linux and programming a plus.
- Experience with software development a plus.
Competitive salary with bonus plan, strong stock options, and full
benefits. If you're smart, energetic, and driven to succeed we want you on
our team! Please send your resume to: jobsskygrid.com.
SkyGrid's vision is to provide a powerful internet platform that brings all
your news into one screen. The growing success of our StormWatch platform
is a result of leading-edge technology, easy-to-use products and a unique
devotion to great customer service. Current customers include leading
financial institutions. SkyGrid has received funding from a group of
sophisticated and highly experienced investors. SkyGrid's headquarters are
located in Sunnyvale, CA.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: jobsskygrid.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.