LINGUIST List 19.3576|
Sat Nov 22 2008
Jobs: Japanese; English & Computational Linguistics: Developer, Infonic
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Japanese; English & Computational Linguistics: Developer, Infonic, Surrey, UK
Message 1: Japanese; English & Computational Linguistics: Developer, Infonic, Surrey, UK
From: Nick Savva <nick.savvainfonic.com>
Subject: Japanese; English & Computational Linguistics: Developer, Infonic, Surrey, UK
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Infonic
Department: Sofware Development
Job Location: , United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.infonic.com
Job Rank: Developer with Japanese
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Job Title: Developer with Japanese (One Year Contract)
Location: Guildford (Surrey Research Park), Surrey, United Kingdom
Reporting To: Giles Mayley, Product Director, Text Analytics.
The Company: Infonic is a fast-growing, leading edge software provider,
specialising in Document/Knowledge Management, listed on the AIM market,
and operating in Europe, the US and Asia.
Summary of Requirements:
- The applicant will be working as member of the Text Analytics Team.
- The applicant will be working on Infonic's state-of-the-art news
- The primary duty is to convert existing English system to work with
- Applicant will be involved in full product life-cycle development.
- Applicant should be able to take responsibility for their tasks and
integrate with a diverse team.
- Ensuring that high quality and accuracy is maintained.
- Enthusiastic and motivated team player. Good interpersonal and
communications skills are required.
- Fluent in Japanese.
- Knowledge of Computational Linguistics an advantage.
- Knowledge of Financial Markets an advantage.
- C++/C#/Python Development.
- MSc in Computational Subject preferable.
Basic Salary Package:
Dependent on skills and experience.
Hours of Employment:
37.5 hours per week
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: nick.savvainfonic.com
Phone: 44 (0)1483 443 000
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.