LINGUIST List 19.39|
Tue Jan 08 2008
Jobs: Various Languages & Comp Ling: Computational Linguist, Q-go
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
van der Beek,
Various Languages & Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Q-go, Diemen, Netherlands
Message 1: Various Languages & Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Q-go, Diemen, Netherlands
From: Leonoor van der Beek <leonoorq-go.com>
Subject: Various Languages & Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Q-go, Diemen, Netherlands
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Q-go
Job Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Web Address: http://q-go.com
Job Rank: Computational Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Dutch (nld)
German, Standard (deu)
The organization Q-go
Q-go (website above) is an international, fast growing, Dutch software
company specialized in Customer Interaction Management applications based
on Natural Language Processing technology. The applications enable people
to formulate a question / search query in their own words. Q-go's
technology ensures a relevant match, generally consisting of a model
question and answer. The technology is currently available in eight
European languages, and it is in use by leading European companies.
Q-go's headquarters is in Diemen (Amsterdam), The Netherlands. Furthermore,
we operate from offices in Bonn, Munich, Zurich, Madrid and Barcelona.
From these offices leading companies in banking, insurance,
telecommunications and government are serviced. Our fast growing customer
base requires an additional Computational Linguist.
This position is located in our Amsterdam office. The Computational
Linguist will be part of the Professional Services team. This team is
responsible for the implementation, maintenance and management of all our
current customer projects.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Grammar improvements: building and adjusting grammar rules
- Development of translation rules
- Development and maintenance of dictionaries / thesauri
- Improve keyword matching
- Question and answer database analyses
- Consultancy: advise on how model questions need to be phrased and on how
to improve matching results
- Problem resolution: investigate why some results are not presented, and
what can be done to improve.
- Participate in internal projects for further improvement of our core
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Culture of Professional Services Department:
- Energetic and fast paced work environment
- Team and customer oriented
- Initiative, professionalism and ambitions are highly valued!
- Working permit for the Netherlands
- (Near)-native French, English, Catalan and/or Castilian. In addition,
every candidate should be able to express him/herself in Dutch or English.
- Solid background in Computational Linguistics, Linguistics, or related field
- Strong computer skills: experience with Unix/Linux and/or relational
databases a plus, some programming experience a plus
Interested? Please send your resume by email, Attn Leonoor van der Beek.
Application Deadline: This position has been filled.
Email Address for Applications:
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.