LINGUIST List 19.79|
Wed Jan 09 2008
Jobs: Arabic & Comp Linguistics: Computer Linguist Arabic, SVOX AG
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Arabic, Standard & Computational Linguistics: Computer Linguist Arabic, SVOX AG, Zurich, Switzerland
Message 1: Arabic, Standard & Computational Linguistics: Computer Linguist Arabic, SVOX AG, Zurich, Switzerland
From: Barbara Steiner <steinersvox.com>
Subject: Arabic, Standard & Computational Linguistics: Computer Linguist Arabic, SVOX AG, Zurich, Switzerland
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: SVOX AG
Job Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Web Address: http://www.svox.com
Job Rank: Computer Linguist Arabic
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
Position: Computer Linguist Arabic (Egyptian)
SVOX AG is a dynamic technology company specialized in text-to-speech. We
are seeking to temporarily (12 months) add to our language development team
a computational linguist for Arabic. You will create new language
components for use with our state-of-the-art text-to-speech engine.
We invite applications from language specialists that natively speak
Egyptian Arabic. SVOX provides a varied position in an international,
fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Development of language-specific components needed to analyse texts
(grammars, rule sets, lexicon evaluation and script-based adaptation)
- Quality assessment and improvement of phonetic transcriptions
- Definition of accentuation and phrasing rules
- Definition of grapheme-to-phoneme rules
- Preparation of text material for recordings
- Supervising the recordings
- Annotating the recordings and creating a speech database
- Testing and quality assessment of the integrated system
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Native speaker of Egyptian Arabic
- Masters degree in linguistics, computer science, or related field
- 1+ years experience in text-to-speech technology is a strong plus
- Interest in speech synthesis, prosody, and morpho-syntactic analysis of text
- Programming and scripting skills are desirable
- Working knowledge of English
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Has a positive attitude and enjoys working in a team
- High quality standards
- Willingness to relocate to Zurich, Switzerland, for 12 months
Start Date: At earliest availability.
Contact: Please send your application to Ms. Barbara Steiner.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: hrsvox.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.