LINGUIST List 19.8|
Mon Jan 07 2008
Jobs: Various Lang & Translation: Transcriber/Translator, Trofholz Tech
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Various Languages & Translation: Transcriber/Translator, Trofholz Technologies, GA, MD, NE, USA
Message 1: Various Languages & Translation: Transcriber/Translator, Trofholz Technologies, GA, MD, NE, USA
From: Jose Valdes <language.recruitergmail.com>
Subject: Various Languages & Translation: Transcriber/Translator, Trofholz Technologies, GA, MD, NE, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Trofholz Technologies
Department: Federal Government
Job Location: Georgia, USA
Web Address: http://www.tti-tech.com
Job Rank: Transcriber/Translator
Specialty Areas: Translation
Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
Farsi, Eastern (prs)
Linguist Positions Available in the United States
(Georgia, Maryland and Nebraska)
Trofholz Technologies, Inc. (TTI) has openings at various locations in the
US, supporting the Federal Government. The company is currently searching
for linguists in the following languages:
Arabic (MSA) - with Levantine Dialect and Iraqi Dialect, Persian - Farsi,
Dari, Urdu, Pashto, Hebrew, Uzbek, Chinese-Mandarin, Korean and Spanish.
Roles and Responsibilities of Position:
- Linguist will prioritize, gist, analyze, translate and transcribe
foreign language oral and written products into English and vice versa;
this includes hardcopy, electronic and multi-media material
- Linguist will provide support for military operations and interpret
during interviews, meeting and conferences
- Conduct accurate translations of audio language material and documents
in hard copy and electronic formats in a manner that maintains the
integrity and meaning of the material
- Transcribe and analyze verbal communications
- Identify and extract information components meeting military information
requirement list criteria
- Perform document exploitation
- Scan, research and analyze foreign language documents for key information
- Language: Linguists must possess native or near native proficiency
skills in the area of reading, listening and speaking.
- Candidates must be able to write and speak in a clear and concise manner
with excellent grammar and pronunciation in both their specialized language
- Individuals must have the capability to quickly scan and process a large
amount of material and prioritize the material based on customer defined
- Each linguist must possess technical computer information system skills,
at a minimum, word processing and data entry ( i.e., MS Office) to be used
in conjunction with written translations.
- Thorough knowledge of cultural, economic, geopolitical, issues in the
countries of the dialects you speak.
- Ability to operate standard and specialized office automation equipment
to process foreign language material.
- Must be legally qualified to work in the United States.
- Linguists will be required (if deemed necessary) to present their
certificate of having received a computer-based score of 213 measured by
the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); or an equivalent score
based on the US State Departments test of English; or a graduation diploma
from an accredited English-speaking university/college.
- Additional proficiency in other regional dialects
- A pre-existing security clearance
- A thorough knowledge of military issues of the area and surrounding region
- Previous operational experience as linguist in support of government
- An ability to operate standard and specialized office automation
equipment to process foreign language material
About the Company:
Trofholz Technologies is a fast paced organization seeking team players who
enjoy meeting challenges. TTI offers competitive salary and benefits
packages combined with a fun and challenging work environment. TTI is an
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal
and state laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative
action requirements and programs.
ttijobopportunitiesgmail.com or call (210) 250-0505.
Application Deadline: 04-Jan-2012
Email Address for Applications: language.recruitergmail.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.