LINGUIST List 20.119|
Tue Jan 13 2009
FYI: Call for papers on scholarly criticism
Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Call for papers on scholarly criticism
Message 1: Call for papers on scholarly criticism
From: Federico Navarro <navarrofilo.uba.ar>
Subject: Call for papers on scholarly criticism
E-mail this message to a friend
We are co-editing a book of articles on the subject of scholarly criticism
- i.e., criticism by peers (members of the discipline) - of scientific and
academic texts. Our proposal has been accepted by Peter Lang. The book is
nearly complete, but we would like a few more disciplines represented if
possible, such as the hard sciences. The disciplines presently covered are:
biology, medicine, chemistry, economics, linguistics, literary research,
educational technology and business administration.
Among the questions we wish to address are:
1. Is scholarly criticism becoming more or less extensive and subjective
2. Have the types of arguments or evidence changed with time?
3. Have linguistic realizations of criticism changed with time?
4. What are the historical, political, economic and social contexts of
5. Is the expression of scholarly criticism influenced by
a. choice of language, e.g., Spanish vs. English?
b. genre, e.g., book reviews or letters to the editor?
c. discipline, e.g., sociology or literature?
6. Other questions are welcome.
If you are involved in such research, you are invited to send us a working
title and abstract of no more than 500 words before 1 March (The full
article is due Oct. 30, 2009).
Francoise Salager-Meyer - francoise.smgmail.com
Beverly A. Lewin - lewinbhotmail.com
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Pragmatics
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.