LINGUIST List 20.1745|
Wed May 06 2009
Calls: Applied Linguistics, Sociolinguistics/Spain
Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler
LINGUIST is pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new feature: Easy Abstracts! Easy Abs is a free abstract submission and review facility designed to help conference organizers and reviewers accept and process abstracts online. Just go to: http://www.linguistlist.org/confcustom, and begin your conference customization process today! With Easy Abstracts, submission and review will be as easy as 1-2-3!
Bilingualism and Multilingualism in School Settings
Message 1: Bilingualism and Multilingualism in School Settings
From: Ruben Chacon-Beltran <rchaconflog.uned.es>
Subject: Bilingualism and Multilingualism in School Settings
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Bilingualism and Multilingualism in School Settings
Short Title: 11th ELIA
Date: 18-Mar-2010 - 19-Mar-2010
Location: Seville, Spain
Contact Person: Christian Abello-Contesse
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Sociolinguistics
Subject Language(s): English; Spanish
Call Deadline: 01-Dec-2009
Bilingualism and Multilingualism in School Settings
March 18-19, 2010
University of Seville, Spain
The program's overall theme is 'From Preschool to University Classrooms' primarily based on English-Spanish or Spanish-English bilingual institutions. Possible topics within this theme include: aspects of immersion programs, two-way programs, heritage language programs, CLIL programs, European schools, international/binational schools; L2/L3 policy and planning, bilingual teacher preparation and development, teaching materials and resources; classroom interaction, individual learner differences, intercultural mis/communication, biculturalism, etc.
Calls for Papers
Proposals for papers and workshops (40 m.) that address any dimension of the overall theme 'From Preschool to University Classrooms' are invited in English or Spanish. Proposals based on English-Spanish or Spanish-English bilingual institutions will be given preference, but proposals based on other language combinations, including either English or Spanish in them, will also be welcome. Due to the symposium-like structure of the conference, proposals must be related to the main theme to be accepted. The deadline for submission of abstracts is December 1, 2009.
Those interested in taking part as speakers are requested to consider the following information:
1. Submission of Proposals and Deadline: Participation is open to all those interested in the conference theme. Proposals for papers and workshops are invited in English or Spanish. Please send (i) the proposal form (provided below), (ii) an abstract, and (iii) a sequential outline of the presentation (see information on the form) to Secretaría de ELIA by electronic mail (eliasiff.us.es). The deadline for submission of (i), (ii), and (iii) is December 1, 2009.
2. Notification of Acceptance: The organizing committee will send a written notification by e-mail either accepting or declining the proposal before December 30, 2009.
3. Conference Fees:
Speakers: 90 euros
Attendees (Non-student/professional status): 50 euros
Full-time students (at Spanish universities): 25 euros
Please note that registration will not be valid until payment has been made and (a copy of) the bank receipt has been received by the organizing committee. The only exception to this rule is when payment upon arrival at the conference venue has been requested by an international participant and accepted by the organizing committee. The conference fees include admission to all sessions, conference folder and materials, coffee breaks, and a guided tour of the historic area.
4. Payment Method: Once a proposal has been accepted, payment must be made promptly by bank transfer (note that payment by credit card is not accepted). The following information must be specified on the bank receipt:
(i) Spanish Bank: Santander
(ii) Account number: 0049.2588.70.2414250158
(iii) Subject: ELIA Conference
(iv) Beneficiary: University of Seville
Participants who experience technical difficulty making international transfers and/or currency exchanges from overseas banks may request to pay their fees upon arrival at the conference venue.
Please send (a copy of) the bank receipt to Secretaría de ELIA in Seville (see postal address below) no later than February 10, 2010. Your participation will be confirmed in the conference program once the organizing committee has received the receipt.
5. Attendees: Attendees (both in-service L2 professionals and full-time students at Spanish universities) should also pay by bank transfer (see above). In this case, the completed application form (provided below) together with (a copy of) the bank receipt must be sent to Secretaría de ELIA in Seville no later than March 17, 2010.
6. Publication: A selection of the papers presented at the conference will be published in the 10th volume (2010) of the Spanish journal Studies in Applied English Linguistics / Estudios de lingüística inglesa aplicada (ELIA). All oral presenters will be invited to submit revised versions of their papers for possible inclusion.
7. Information: For further information, please contact the organizing committee at the e-mail addresses, phone/fax numbers, or postal address provided below.
In order to get your submission form, please contact:
E-mail addresses: eliasiff.us.es, christian.abelloono.com
Phone: (00 34) 954 55 15 50
Fax: (00 34) 954 55 15 16
Secretaría de ELIA
Departamento de Lengua Inglesa
Facultad de Filología
Universidad de Sevilla
41004 Seville, Spain
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.