LINGUIST List 20.2844|
Fri Aug 21 2009
Jobs: Spanish & Computational Ling: Consultant, Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Spanish & Computational Linguistics: Consultant, Nuance Communications, Inc.
Message 1: Spanish & Computational Linguistics: Consultant, Nuance Communications, Inc.
From: Ditte Kimps <Ditte.KimpsNuance.com>
Subject: Spanish & Computational Linguistics: Consultant, Nuance Communications, Inc.
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications, Inc.
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
Part-time Spanish Language Consultant Wanted
Nuance Communications, Inc., a world-wide leader in speech technology, is
seeking a part-time language consultant to enhance our (Castilian) Spanish
All work will be done off-site (e.g. at your home).
- Evaluating design and quality of pronunciation dictionaries
- Merging pronunciation dictionaries
- Evaluating and correcting dictionary entries
- Identifying new entries for general and specialized dictionaries.
- Writing phonetic transcriptions for new and existing entries.
- Serving as language expert resource for engineers and researchers.
- Native fluency in (Castilian) Spanish.
- Completion or near-completion of undergraduate degree in linguistics.
- Knowledge of International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Familiarity with a text editor such as emacs or vi.
- Ability to work independently.
- Up-to-date computer.
- Home internet connection.
- Expertise in medicine, law, or technology.
- Knowledge of UNIX.
- Ability to program in a scripting language.
An average of 10 hours per week of work is needed for this project. It's
possible the project will require more time, with the likelihood of
additional sporadic tasks over the next six months. Pay is €15-18 per hour,
depending on experience.
To apply, please submit your resume or CV and a brief statement describing
your experience and abilities to ditte.kimpsnuance.com. We will consider
only electronic submissions. No phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: Sept 13, 2009
(Positions may be filled before that date if qualified applicants are found.)
Application Deadline: 13-Sep-2009
Email Address for Applications: ditte.kimpsnuance.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.