LINGUIST List 20.3996|
Sat Nov 21 2009
Qs: Word Association Questionnaire
Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler
We'd like to remind readers that the responses to queries are usually best posted to the individual asking the question. That individual is then strongly encouraged to post a summary to the list. This policy was
instituted to help control the huge volume of mail on LINGUIST; so we would appreciate your cooperating with it whenever it seems appropriate.
In addition to posting a summary, we'd like to remind people that it is usually a good idea to personally thank those individuals who have taken the trouble to respond to the query.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
Word Association Questionnaire
Message 1: Word Association Questionnaire
From: Nina Yankova <ninayankovarambler.ru>
Subject: Word Association Questionnaire
E-mail this message to a friend
My name is Nina Yankova and I'm a postgraduate student at Irkuts State
Linguistic University, Russia. To complete my research I need as many
people as possible to answer my questionnaire. I will be so much obliged if
You find some time do it and thus help me with my project. Thank you very
much in advance.
I. Information about participants of the experiment:
- Country of citizenship:
- Residence (in the country of citizenship):
- Date of birth:
- Institution where currently working/ studying:
- Profession / Specialization:
II. With a view to success of the experiment don't read the whole of the
questionnaire beforehand, please. All your answers should be as spontaneous
as possible. Your first reactions are the most valuable for us.
1. What word do you consider the most precise to describe the deepest and
most secret private feelings and thoughts that you are unlikely to express
or show to other people.
2. Please, write 5 words (or word - combinations, sentences) that occur to
you when you hear the word innermost / inmost
3. Please, explain with your own words what innermost is.
4. Could you provide reasons that make you conceal your innermost?
5. Could you provide reasons that make you reveal your innermost?
6. Whom would you confide in your innermost? (If possible, explain why)
Linguistic Field(s): Pragmatics
Subject Language(s): English (eng)
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.