LINGUIST List 20.710|
Thu Mar 05 2009
Jobs: Dutch & Lexicography: Consultant, Nuance Communications, Inc.
Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Dutch & Lexicography: Consultant, Nuance Communications, Inc., Telecommute
Message 1: Dutch & Lexicography: Consultant, Nuance Communications, Inc., Telecommute
From: Jeff Lilly <jeff.lillynuance.com>
Subject: Dutch & Lexicography: Consultant, Nuance Communications, Inc., Telecommute
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications, Inc.
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Lexicography; Scripting, Text Editors
Required Language(s): Dutch (nld)
Part-time Language Consultant Wanted
Nuance Communications, Inc., a world-wide leader in speech technology, is
seeking a part-time language consultant for Dutch to enhance our language
- Evaluating design and quality of Dutch pronunciation dictionaries
- Merging pronunciation dictionaries
- Evaluating and correcting dictionary entries
- Identifying new entries for general and specialized dictionaries.
- Writing phonetic transcriptions for new and existing entries.
- Serving as language expert resource for engineers and researchers.
- Native or near-native fluency in Dutch.
- Completion or near-completion of undergraduate degree in linguistics.
- Knowledge of International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Familiarity with a text editor such as emacs or vi.
- Ability to work independently.
- Up-to-date computer.
- Home internet connection.
- Expertise in medicine, law, or technology.
- Knowledge of UNIX.
- Ability to program in a scripting language.
All work will be done off-site (e.g. at your home).
10 hours of work per week is needed for this project. Pay is about $20 per
hour, negotiable depending on experience (equivalent payment in other
currencies, e.g. euros, is also possible).
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: jeff.lillynuance.com
Manager, LM Lexicon Group Jeff Lilly
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.