LINGUIST List 21.186|
Tue Jan 12 2010
FYI: Call for Workshop Proposals: IEEE ICSC 2010
Editor for this issue: Danielle St. Jean
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Call for Workshop Proposals: IEEE ICSC 2010
Message 1: Call for Workshop Proposals: IEEE ICSC 2010
From: Björn Schuller <schullertum.de>
Subject: Call for Workshop Proposals: IEEE ICSC 2010
E-mail this message to a friend
For those of you interested:
Call for Workshop Proposals
IEEE ICSC 2010:
The Fourth IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
September 22-24, 2010
The IEEE ICSC 2010 organizing committee invites proposals for workshops to
be held in conjunction with the conference. The workshops will focus on
specific topics of the main conference. The organizer(s) of approved
workshops are responsible for advertising the workshop, distributing the
call for papers, gathering submissions, and conducting the paper review
Workshop proposals must include:
1. The name of the workshop, a statement of goals and a list of topics for
2. The name(s) and affiliation(s) of the organizer(s).
3. The names of potential program committee members.
4. The duration of the workshop (full day or half day) and the expected
number of papers to be accepted.
5. A brief description of how the proposed workshop could complement the
main conference scopes.
The selection of the workshops to be included in the final ICSC program
will be based upon a number of factors, including: the scientific/technical
interest of the topics, the quality of the proposal, the need to avoid
strictly overlapping workshops, and the unavoidable need to limit the
overall number of selected workshops.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit workshop proposals to
the workshop co-chairs:
- Christian Bauckhage, Fraunhofer IAIS, Germany
- Asli Celikyilmaz, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Ian Oliver, Nokia, Finland
- Balakrishnan Prabhakaran, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Björn Schuller, Technische Universität München, Germany
- Mark D. Wood, Eastman Kodak, USA
Submit proposals to icscworkgmail.com no later than February 22, 2010.
Submission should be made by e-mail (PDF or ASCII) with "ICSC2010 Workshop
Submission" in the subject header. Notification of acceptance will be made
by March 19, 2009.
Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message,
Thank you and best,
Christian Bauckhage, Asli Celikyilmaz, Ian Oliver, Balakrishnan
Prabhakaran, Mark D. Wood, and Björn Schuller
Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Semantics
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.