LINGUIST List 21.2319|
Sun May 23 2010
Calls: General Ling/Portugal
Editor for this issue: Di Wdzenczny
LINGUIST is pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new feature: Easy Abstracts! Easy Abs is a free abstract submission and review facility designed to help conference organizers and reviewers accept and process abstracts online. Just go to: http://www.linguistlist.org/confcustom, and begin your conference customization process today! With Easy Abstracts, submission and review will be as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Núcleo de Jovens Investigadores
V Forum of Linguistic Sharing
Message 1: V Forum of Linguistic Sharing
From: Núcleo de Jovens Investigadores CLUNL <jiclunlfcsh.unl.pt>
Subject: V Forum of Linguistic Sharing
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: V Forum of Linguistic Sharing
Short Title: V FPL
Date: 16-Sep-2010 - 17-Sep-2010
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Contact Person: 217 908 300 217 908 308
Meeting Email: jiclunlfcsh.unl.pt
Web Site: http://www.clunl.edu.pt/PT/?id=1552&mid=7
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Call Deadline: 05-Jun-2010
CLUNL's Young Researchers Group is pleased to announce the V Forum of
Linguistic Sharing, which will take place on the 16th and 17th September
2010 at the Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas - Universidade Nova
2nd Call For Papers
Extension for abstract submission deadline: 05-06-2010
The aim of the Congress is to give the opportunity to all-level students of
presenting their research and interchanging opinions. Thereby, we invite all
young researches who work in different fields of Linguistics to participate in
this congress. Likewise, we would like to remind you that only Master, Ph.D.
Students and Young Researchers can present papers in this congress.
Each author can propose only one paper and only by e-mail
In your submission you should indicate the chosen mode of presentation:
- Individual paper: Oral presentation of a research study or research in
progress. Each presentation can last up to 20 minutes, plus 10 minutes for
debate and questioning.
- Poster: Discussion with participants regarding the contents displayed in
the poster. The session will last 30 minutes.
The summaries cannot exceed 500 words. The format should be the
- Title, author(s) name(s), and affiliation;
- Font size: Times New Roman, 12 point;
- Margins of 2,5cm all around;
- Line spacing: single space;
- A maximum of five bibliographical references can be included.
The abstracts must clearly indicate:
- five keywords;
- an overview of the topic, including its relevance;
- the objectives of the paper;
- the theoretical framework for the paper and/or the field of debate to which
the paper belongs;
- a description of how the work was carried out (procedures/ strategies;
research subjects/ documents; equipment/ environment; etc.);
- a description of the results (specifying, if necessary, the measures and
statistical calculations applied);
- a description of the conclusions, which must be related to the results and
the aims of the research.
An anonymous copy should be attached too. Speakers can hand in
Portuguese and / or English.
The papers should be included in one the following linguistic fields:
- Applied linguistics
- Clinical linguistics
- Discourse analysis
- First and Second Language Acquisition
- Historical linguistics
- Lexicography and lexicology
- Text Linguistics
- Phonetics and phonology
Date limit for the confirmation of the acceptance or rejection of the
communication proposal: 30th June of 2010
Once the summaries are evaluated and selected by the proper Scientific
Committee, the result will be conveyed to each author respectively and
payment instructions will be explained.
For more information: jiclunlfcsh.unl.pt
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 23-May-2010
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.