LINGUIST List 21.3124|
Fri Jul 30 2010
Jobs: Medical Discourse Analysis: Manager, Verilogue, Inc.
Editor for this issue: Christy Bird
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
Medical Discourse Analysis: Manager, Verilogue, Inc., PA, USA
Message 1: Medical Discourse Analysis: Manager, Verilogue, Inc., PA, USA
From: Anita Maximo <amaximoverilogue.com>
Subject: Medical Discourse Analysis: Manager, Verilogue, Inc., PA, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Verilogue, Inc.
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://www.verilogue.com
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Medical Discourse
Verilogue, Inc., located in Horsham, PA brings patients, physicians and the
healthcare industry together to share information, enhance disease
understanding and participate in medical marketing research. Our Analytics
Group applies methods of linguistic, conversation and ethnographic analysis
to physician-patient interactions, delivering deep insights about the way
physicians and patients manage discussions pertaining to diagnosis and
treatment of a variety of health conditions. Our work identifies, describes
and evaluates the relationship between physician-patient attitudinal and
emotional characteristics and health behaviors and outcomes.
Verilogue is seeking a manager with formal training in applied linguistics,
particularly with exposure to discourse and conversation analysis, and
experience in qualitative marketing research and brand marketing.
- Assuming a leadership role in cross-functional project management and
- Analyzing large bodies of conversational data to provide insight into:
* Interactional dynamics
* Physician & patient emotional and attitudinal profiles
* Uses of conceptual metaphor and descriptive analogies
* Disease and product sentiment
* Brand positioning
- Developing strategic reports and presentations
- Leading client workshops and report presentations
- Contributing to the development of marketing collateral and
communications pieces, including monthly newsletters, consumer and
scholarly articles, and conference presentations, among others
- Working with junior staff to enhance existing analytical modules and
develop new, innovate modules to support new product/service offerings
- Supporting client retention and business development efforts as needed
- Comfortable with principles of applied linguistics and ethno methodology
- Understanding of or interest in the health care industry
- Familiar with qualitative marketing research
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Sense of initiative and the ability to undertake and successfully
conclude projects with minimal supervision
- Advanced abilities with Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- 3-5 years experience in a professional business environment, including
1-2 years in qualitative market research, product marketing, or strategic
communications / public relations
- Master's degree with advanced coursework in applied linguistics
- Able to travel 10 - 20%
- Superb presentation skills
- Publication and conference presentation history
Compensation and Benefits
Verilogue provides a base salary, bonus and equity plans commensurate with
candidate experience and position requirements. Health and welfare benefits
include medical, prescription, dental and vision plans. Other benefits
include a 401(k) retirement plan, life and accidental death insurance, paid
vacation and holidays. Our employees also enjoy flexible schedules and a
casual work environment.
If you are interested in joining Verilogue, please e-mail your resume and
salary requirements to careersverilogue.com or fax you resume to 866-379-3306.
Verilogue is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: 15-Oct-2010
Email Address for Applications: careersverilogue.com
Director, Human Resources Anita Maximo
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 30-Jul-2010
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.