LINGUIST List 21.313|
Tue Jan 19 2010
Confs: Computational Linguistics/Spain
Editor for this issue: Amy Brunett
LINGUIST is pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new feature: Easy Abstracts! Easy Abs is a free abstract submission and review facility designed to help conference organizers and reviewers accept and process abstracts online. Just go to: http://www.linguistlist.org/confcustom, and begin your conference customization process today! With Easy Abstracts, submission and review will be as easy as 1-2-3!
2nd FLaReNet Forum
Message 1: 2nd FLaReNet Forum
From: Claudia Soria <claudia.soriailc.cnr.it>
Subject: 2nd FLaReNet Forum
E-mail this message to a friend
2nd FLaReNet Forum
Date: 11-Feb-2010 - 12-Feb-2010
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Contact: Claudia Soria
Contact Email: < click here to access email >
Meeting URL: http://www.flarenet.eu/?q=FLaReNet_Forum_2010
Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics
We are happy to announce that the Second FLaReNet Forum “Language Resources of the Future – the Future of Language Resources” will take place next 11 and 12 February in Barcelona, hosted by Institut d’Estudis Catalans.
FLaReNet (Fostering Language Resources Network, http://www.flarenet.eu/) is an eContentPlus Network funded by the European Commission which started on September 2008. This Network is intended to promote the consolidation of a European strategy in the field of Language Resources and Language Technologies and to be a European/International forum to facilitate interaction among LR stakeholders and to provide strategic recommendations and priorities for future initiatives in the field. Second in its series, we expect that the Forum will replicate last year success in stimulating lively debate and discussion and gathering a large number of players in Language Resources and Technologies.
Topics for this second Forum are:
- Metadata and documentation
- Services and functionalities for an Open Resource Infrastructure
- Sharing or not sharing, availability and legal issues
- Social networking and web 2.0 methods for language resources
- Language resources of the future
- International Cooperation
The intention is to approach each of them trying to identify controversial aspects, risks, what is missing, gaps to be filled, what can/cannot be achieved.
By joining the FLaReNet Forum, you will have the unique opportunity to:
- Networking with leading academic experts and industry stakeholders from all across Europe and worldwide
- Debating and making key policy makers aware of what needs to be done to improve the field of Language Resources and Technology
- Assisting in outlining a collaborative and shared infrastructure for European Language Resources
- Being alerted about new initiatives, developments and trends
- Participating in the definition of the FlaReNet Blueprint for Actions and Infrastructures, which will set up priorities for fostering the field of Language Resources and Language Technology, contributes to shaping the future of Language Resources and Technology.
Registration is now open! Participation to the workshop is free, but subject to online registration due to limited number of admissible participants: anyone interested should register in advance through the appropriate form available in the Registration section. Hotel information will be soon made available on the website.
Call for Discussants:
You can have a chance to express your opinion and engage in lively discussion by acting as a discussant in any of the Sessions of the Forum. The role of a discussant is to help liven up the general discussion at the end of each session by making a comment/asking a question related to the session topic, possibly in a provocative way. This way, a discussant has the additional opportunity to speak up his voice in a more structured manner, but he should by no means use his slot to present his research.
If you are interested in playing this role, please send a reply to flarenet_coordinationilc.cnr.it indicating the Session of your interest and a short paragraph hinting at the type of remark you intend to make. Given the limited time allocated to each session, only a limited number of discussants will be selected. For inquirying about details, send a message to claudia.soriailc.cnr.it
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.