LINGUIST List 21.3240|
Wed Aug 11 2010
Jobs: Syntax Or Phonology: Asst Prof, Sogang University
Editor for this issue: Erin Smith
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
Syntax Or Phonology: Asst Prof, Sogang University, Korea, South, Seoul
Message 1: Syntax Or Phonology: Asst Prof, Sogang University, Korea, South, Seoul
From: Yo-An Lee <yoanleesogang.ac.kr>
Subject: Syntax Or Phonology: Asst Prof, Sogang University, Korea, South, Seoul
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Sogang University
Department: English Department
Job Location: Seoul, Korea, South
Web Address: http://english.sogang.ac.kr/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Phonology; Syntax
1. Candidates should hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree on by the date of
hire, which is March 2nd of 2011.
2. Candidates should be able to publish in reputed journals either in the
area of Syntax or Phonology.
3. The teaching load will be two courses per semester (6 credit hours)
including graduate courses.
1. Initial salary is internationally competitive and calculated based on
research and teaching experience. Annual salary range 55,000-60,000 (Income
tax is about 15% in Korea) commensurate with experience and expertise. Also
consider lower cost of living.
2. Benefits include bonuses, research grants, health insurance and pension.
3. Ample support for research activities.
4. Subsidized medical insurance.
5. Support housing: Off campus studio apartment for 6-12 months.
1. The on-line application forms will be available on the application
website listed and should be filled out and submitted on-line between Aug
20th -Sep 10th.
2. Candidates should submit academic transcripts, a list of courses taught,
and three letters of recommendation to the application email below.
Application Deadline: 10-Sep-2010
Email Address for Applications: acaficesogang.ac.kr
Web Address for Applications: http://profapply.sogang.ac.kr/english
Chair, English Department Yo-An Lee
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 11-Aug-2010
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.