LINGUIST List 21.3783|
Mon Sep 27 2010
Jobs: Arabic, Standard &Various Fields: Linguist, Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Erin Smith
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
Arabic, Standard & Computational Linguistics, Lexicography, Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist, Nuance Communications, Inc.
Message 1: Arabic, Standard & Computational Linguistics, Lexicography, Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist, Nuance Communications, Inc.
From: lm.linguistics <lm.linguisticsnuance.com>
Subject: Arabic, Standard & Computational Linguistics, Lexicography, Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist, Nuance Communications, Inc.
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications, Inc.
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com/
Job Rank: Linguist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
Nuance Communications, Inc., a world-wide leader in speech technology, is
seeking a full-time linguist to support expansion of its mobile search and
messaging products into Middle Eastern language markets.
Candidates for this position should be located either in North America or
- Evaluating design and quality of existing pronunciation dictionaries
- Identifying new entries for general and specialized dictionaries
- Correcting existing dictionary entries
- Phonetic transcription
- Serving as language expert resource for engineers and researchers
- Writing and maintaining CFG grammars for tokenizing and postprocessing
- Supervising language consultant contractors
- Native skill and literacy in Arabic.
- Native or near-native skill in English.
- A high level of proficiency and literacy in Turkish and/or Hebrew.
- A post-graduate degree in linguistics.
- Experience with phonetic transcription and the International Phonetic
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux (navigating directory structures, copying
- Familiarity with a text editor (e.g. emacs or vi).
- Ability to program in a scripting language (e.g. Perl or Python).
- Knowledge of other languages than the ones mentioned above is a plus.
To apply, please submit your resume or CV and a brief statement describing
your experience and abilities to the email address listed below. We will
consider only electronic submissions. No phone calls, please. Please list
the language you are applying for in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Oct 15, 2010
Application Deadline: 15-Oct-2010
Email Address for Applications: lm.linguisticsnuance.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 27-Sep-2010
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.