LINGUIST List 21.4114|
Sat Oct 16 2010
Jobs: Applied Linguistics; TESOL: Assistant Professor, U of Kansas
Editor for this issue: Christy Bird
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
1. Paul Markham ,
Applied Linguistics; TESOL: Assistant Professor, University of Kansas, KS, USA
Message 1: Applied Linguistics; TESOL: Assistant Professor, University of Kansas, KS, USA
From: Paul Markham <pmarkhamku.edu>
Subject: Applied Linguistics; TESOL: Assistant Professor, University of Kansas, KS, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Kansas
Department: Curriculum and Teaching
Job Location: Kansas, USA
Web Address: http://soe.ku.edu/ct/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; TESOL
The University of Kansas, School of Education has an opening for an
assistant professor of TESOL.
- developing and maintaining an active research and publication profile in
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), English as a
Foreign Language (EFL), or related second/additional language acquisition
- creating and facilitating teacher preparation courses in PreK-12 TESOL,
PreK-16 EFL, or related second/additional language acquisition studies;
- seeking external funding for research/development initiatives in TESOL
or related second/additional language acquisition studies;
- actively participating in program administration, development, and
- advising undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students in TESOL;
- providing service to the university and the profession;
- collaborating with appropriate departments and institutes within the
University, and PreK-12 schools, promoting the improvement of collaboration
and education of TESOL learners.
- doctorate with emphasis in TESOL, EFL, or related second/additional
language acquisition studies (earned by August 15, 2011);
- evidence of active scholarship in TESOL, EFL, or related
second/additional language acquisition studies;
- and evidence of 2 years PreK-12 TESOL teaching experience in U.S.
schools and/or PreK-12 EFL international teaching experience.
- emerging profile of research and publications;
- experience with grant writing and project management;
- experience working with students and teachers in culturally and
linguistically diverse settings;
- demonstrated success in college teaching;
- experience with teacher development at the secondary level;
- experience working with families within diverse communities.
Apply online at the URL below, search for position 00200614. Review of
applications will begin November 15 and will continue until position is
filled. EO/AA employer.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Web Address for Applications: http://jobs.ku.edu
Dr. Paul Markham
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 16-Oct-2010
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.