LINGUIST List 21.4686|
Sun Nov 21 2010
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Data Quality Analyst, Factual Inc.
Editor for this issue: Christy Bird
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
1. Human Resources ,
Computational Linguistics: Data Quality Analyst, Factual Inc., CA, USA
Message 1: Computational Linguistics: Data Quality Analyst, Factual Inc., CA, USA
From: Human Resources <jobsfactual.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Data Quality Analyst, Factual Inc., CA, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Factual Inc.
Department: Data Team
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.factual.com/jobs
Job Rank: Data Quality Analyst
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Factual is looking for fast-working, highly focused individuals with strong
attention to detail and correctness, great organizational skills, and
wide-ranging interests and areas of expertise.
Full time candidates. Two internships will also be available for the
2010-2011 academic year.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a degree in engineering, science, or linguistics
- Be eager to learn new tools and skills related to data and analysis
- Be able to propose out-of-the-box strategies based on insights about data
- Excellent web research skills
- Familiarity with multiple languages
- Experience with data curation
- Evaluate and judge algorithmically generated data and assess data quality
- Research and analyze data on the web, including finding and evaluating
data sources and providing answers for specific data questions
- Research domain-specific data standards in a variety of subjects (eg.,
international points of interest, health, entertainment, education)
- Apply data generation software and scripts
- Thoroughly document findings, assumptions, and conclusions
- Provide feedback and direction for data acquisition and scrubbing
- Author specifications to improve data processing and natural language
processing, if appropriate
- Familiarity with Linux commands
- Regular expressions, XPath, or SQL
To apply, send a brief cover letter and resume/CV in Word or PDF format to
the email address below, or via post to the application address below. No
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Mailing Address for Applications:
11111 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90025
Email Address for Applications: jobsfactual.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 21-Nov-2010
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.