LINGUIST List 21.533|
Tue Feb 02 2010
Jobs: Phonetics, Comp Ling: Linguist (Contractor), Sensory, Inc.
Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Phonetics, Computational Linguistics: Linguist (Contractor), Sensory, Inc., Oregon, USA
Message 1: Phonetics, Computational Linguistics: Linguist (Contractor), Sensory, Inc., Oregon, USA
From: Alexis Grant <agrantsensoryinc.com>
Subject: Phonetics, Computational Linguistics: Linguist (Contractor), Sensory, Inc., Oregon, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Sensory, Inc.
Job Location: Oregon, USA
Web Address: http://sensoryinc.com/
Job Rank: Linguist (Contractor)
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics
JOB TITLE: Contractor, Linguist
Location: Portland, Oregon
Seeking part-time Linguist consultant for data collection project(s). Must
be business oriented, responsible, organized, capable of developing and
working within schedules, and an independent worker. Must also be a fast
learner with interest in phonetics, phonology and technical concepts, and
have keen attention to detail.
- Work with speech technologists to define and write specifications for
data collection protocols
- Recruit participants and organizations for domestic and international
- Ensure that environment and set up are ideal for producing quality
- Record participants using set protocols
- Review and prepare recordings and transcripts for acoustic model training
- Fluency in at least one foreign language
- Excellent understanding of phonological and phonetic concepts
- Ability to transcribe in IPA
- Computer literate (windows, DOS) and experience with MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently
- B.A. / B.S. in Linguistics
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to the email address below.
PhDs need not apply. This is a contract position. Some on-site work will
Application Deadline: 28-Feb-2010
Email Address for Applications: jobssensoryinc.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.