LINGUIST List 21.543|
Wed Feb 03 2010
Jobs: Spanish, Lexicography, Text/corpus Ling: Consultant, Nuance
Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Spanish & Lexicography, Text/corpus Linguistics: Consultant, Nuance Communications Inc.
Message 1: Spanish & Lexicography, Text/corpus Linguistics: Consultant, Nuance Communications Inc.
From: Alex Hurst <Alexander.Hurstnuance.com>
Subject: Spanish & Lexicography, Text/corpus Linguistics: Consultant, Nuance Communications Inc.
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications Inc.
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Lexicography; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
Nuance Communications, Inc., a world-wide leader in speech technology, is
seeking a part-time Spanish language consultant to enhance our language
All work will be done off-site.
- Evaluating design and quality of pronunciation dictionaries
- Merging pronunciation dictionaries
- Evaluating and correcting dictionary entries
- Identifying new entries for general and specialized dictionaries
- Writing phonetic transcriptions for new and existing entries
- Serving as language expert resource for engineers and researchers
- Native fluency in Spanish
- Completion of at least an undergraduate degree in linguistics
- Knowledge of the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Ability to work independently
- Up-to-date computer running Windows
- High-speed home internet connection
- Expertise in medicine, law, or technology
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Familiarity with a text editor such as emacs or vi
- Ability to program in a scripting language (e.g. Perl)
20 hours of work per week for a duration of 3 months is required. Pay is
18,50 EUR per hour. Equivalent payment in other currencies, e.g. USD, is
To apply, please submit your resume or CV and a brief statement describing
your experience and abilities to the email address below. We will consider
only electronic submissions. No phone calls, please.
Application Deadline: 28 February 2010
The position may be filled before that date if a qualified applicant is found.
Application Deadline: 28-Feb-2010
Email Address for Applications: lm.linguisticsnuance.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.