LINGUIST List 21.654|
Mon Feb 08 2010
Confs: General Ling/UK
Editor for this issue: Amy Brunett
LINGUIST is pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new feature: Easy Abstracts! Easy Abs is a free abstract submission and review facility designed to help conference organizers and reviewers accept and process abstracts online. Just go to: http://www.linguistlist.org/confcustom, and begin your conference customization process today! With Easy Abstracts, submission and review will be as easy as 1-2-3!
LAGB Annual Meeting 2010
Message 1: LAGB Annual Meeting 2010
From: Oliver Bond <oliver.bondsoas.ac.uk>
Subject: LAGB Annual Meeting 2010
E-mail this message to a friend
LAGB Annual Meeting 2010
Short Title: LAGB 2010
Date: 01-Sep-2010 - 04-Sep-2010
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
Contact: Oliver Bond
Contact Email: < click here to access email >
Meeting URL: http://www.lagb.org.uk/meetings.htm
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Linguistics Association of Great Britain Annual Meeting 2010
University of Leeds, 1-4 September 2010.
The first circular for the 2010 LAGB Annual Meeting is now available at the following address: http://www.lagb.org.uk/meetings.htm
Special events planned for the meeting are listed below. The full circular also includes information about abstract submission, themed sessions, student bursaries and other LAGB-internal information.
The terms of office for the LAGB Honorary Secretary and Membership Secretary end this year, so nominations are requested from members for these positions. Full details are given in the full circular.
Special events at the 2010 LAGB meeting
1. The Henry Sweet Lecture 2010 will be delivered by Professor Stephen Levinson (Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen) on the evening of 1st September, title to be confirmed.
2. The Linguistics Association Lecture 2010 will be delivered by Professor Joan L. Bybee (University of New Mexico) on 4th September, with the title 'Exemplar Semantics: Implications for Grammatical Meaning'.
3. There will be a special workshop related to Stephen Levinson's Henry Sweet Lecture, on 1st September organized by Kasia Jaszczolt. Further details will be made available in the second circular.
4. There will also be a special themed session on 4th September, related to Joan Bybee's Linguistics Association Lecture, with the title 'Exemplar- and Construction-based Approaches to Grammar'.
5. There will be a Language Tutorial on Herero, given by Lutz Marten (School of Oriental and African Studies).
6. The LAGB Education Committee will hold a two-hour discussion on corpora in teaching (at both undergraduate and school levels). The panelists will include Dan Clayton (UCL) speaking on corpora in English teaching, and Vivienne Rogers (University of Oxford) speaking on corpora in foreign language teaching. Further details will soon be made available on this website:
Current and recent LAGB circulars can always be downloaded from this address:
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.