LINGUIST List 22.2273|
Mon May 30 2011
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
LINGUIST is pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new feature: Easy Abstracts! Easy Abs is a free abstract submission and review facility designed to help conference organizers and reviewers accept and process abstracts online. Just go to: http://www.linguistlist.org/confcustom, and begin your conference customization process today! With Easy Abstracts, submission and review will be as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Laura Downing ,
9th Old World Conference in Phonology
Message 1: 9th Old World Conference in Phonology
From: Laura Downing <downingzas.gwz-berlin.de>
Subject: 9th Old World Conference in Phonology
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 9th Old World Conference in Phonology
Short Title: OCP9
Date: 18-Jan-2012 - 21-Jan-2012
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact Person: Laura Downing
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.zas.gwz-berlin.de/workshop_ocp9.html
Linguistic Field(s): Phonology
Call Deadline: 18-Sep-2011
The 9th edition of the Old World Conference in Phonology (OCP9) will take place at the ZAS in Berlin, on 18-21 January 2012.
Local Organizing Committee:
Laura J. Downing (ZAS, Berlin)
Annie Rialland (LPP, Paris)
Jochen Trommer (Leipzig)
Ruben van de Vijver (Uni Potsdam)
Marzena Zygis (ZAS, Berlin)
It will follow in the line of previous OCP conferences which have been held in Leiden, Tromsø, Budapest, Rhodes, Toulouse, Edinburgh, Nice and Marrakech.
The main conference will focus on the interfaces between phonology and other areas of linguistics (phonetics, morphology, semantics, pragmatics), but abstracts can be submitted on any topic in phonology.
There is also a one-day thematic pre-conference workshop on 'The Phonology-Syntax Interface' (organized by the BantuPsyn ANR-DFG project).
Keynote Speakers for the Workshop and Main Conference:
- Caroline Féry (Uni Frankfurt)
- Edward Flemming (MIT)
- Larry Hyman (UC-Berkeley)
- Sharon Peperkamp (Laboratoire de Sciences Cognitives et Psycholinguistique, Paris)
- Ricardo Bermúdez-Otero (University of Manchester)
Call for Papers:
For the main conference, we invite abstracts:
- either for 20 min oral presentation, followed by 10 min of discussion,
- or for poster presentation.
For the workshop, we invite submission of abstracts:
- for 20 min oral presentation, followed by 10 min of discussion.
Submissions will be anonymously refereed by at least two reviewers.
Abstracts are to be submitted through EasyChair: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ocp9
Deadline for submission: September 18, 2011
- Abstracts are no longer than two pages, including examples and references
- Submissions are restricted to one single-authored and one co-authored abstract at most
- The name and the affiliation of the author(s) must not appear on the abstract
- The conference language is English: abstracts and talks will be in English
- Page format: A4, 2,54 cm (one inch) margins on all sides, 12-point font, simple line spacing
- File format: *.pdf
- File name:
Submissions for the main conference:
- [title-main.pdf], e.g. Sesotho Stops and the Phonology-Phonetics Interface - main.pdf
Submissions for the workshop:
- [title-workshop.pdf], e.g. Clitics in Ewe and the Phonology-Syntax interface -workshop.pdf
We aim to finalize the programme, and to contact abstract senders by 7 November 2011.
Submission deadline: 18 September 2011
Notification of acceptance: 7 November 2011
Early registration: before 15 December 2011
Workshop/conference: 18-21 January 2012
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 30-May-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.