LINGUIST List 22.2459|
Mon Jun 13 2011
Jobs: English; Applied Ling; Lang Acq: Senior Manager, Deloitte LLP
Editor for this issue: Christy Bird
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
1. Suma Kasinadhuni ,
English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Senior Manager - Learning Lead, Deloitte LLP, India
Message 1: English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Senior Manager - Learning Lead, Deloitte LLP, India
From: Suma Kasinadhuni <skasinadhunideloitte.com>
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Senior Manager - Learning Lead, Deloitte LLP, India
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Deloitte LLP
Department: Communication Excellence
Job Location: Hyderabad, India
Web Address: http://www.deloitte.com/careers
Job Rank: Senior Manager - Learning Lead
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Second Language Acquisition, Language Pedagogy and Assessment
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Communication Excellence - Learning Lead - Senior Manager
Deloitte LLP has an opening for the Communication Excellence Learning Lead,
based in Hyderabad, India. The CE program seeks to build the communication
skills of professionals in the US India offices through innovative and
effective learning and assessment programs. The Learning Lead will manage a
state-of-the-art program serving 10,000+ professionals in multiple
locations. This role requires thought leadership in the areas of design and
delivery of communication curricula, development of instructional designers
and facilitators, and communication assessments and diagnostics.
- Provide learning program leadership through strategic planning and
implementation to develop Deloitte professionals' English, business, and
cross-cultural communication skills.
- Contribute to CE and other Deloitte initiatives, and external eminence
through the development and sharing of expertise, resources, and materials.
Maintain CE brand as a leading corporate program for global talent development.
- Design and deliver innovative learning programs aligned with business
- Analyze complex data sets to understand trends and make projections and
decisions for learning needs across functions, office locations, career
levels, and skill levels.
- Manage team to ensure quality design and outstanding delivery. Support
goal achievement, and participate in all performance review processes.
- Identify vendors offering effective learning solutions, evaluate
programs and materials, and implement and integrate external offerings with
existing CE offerings.
- Oversee coaching program to enable individual achievement of
communication goals. Coach senior professionals on development areas.
- Enhance strategy to better serve functions by aligning CE resources with
business needs. Meet regularly with business and talent groups to
understand requirements, inform of critical issues, offer solutions, and
build support for CE.
- Serve as subject matter expert to address leadership questions and
concerns on business English communication skill development for non-native
- Plan and participate in events to build awareness and acceptance of CE
program across functions and office locations.
- Direct CE learning program operations, including budgeting, staffing,
scheduling, hiring, and management of all learning tools and initiatives.
Work closely with the CE Assessments and Operations teams to ensure an
effective and responsive program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Based in Hyderabad, India for 2+ years
- Able to travel to other US India Deloitte locations monthly
- Native or native-like English proficiency
- Excellent academic qualifications in one or more of these fields:
Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, Foreign Language Education,
ESL/TESOL/EFL, Bilingual Education, Curriculum Design, Professional
- At least five years experience designing and planning learning programs,
developing curriculum and managing learning projects, facilitating language
and communication courses, serving clients or managing strategic
relationships, and supervising diverse teams
- Experience and ease in working with people from different cultural and
technical backgrounds and at different career levels, including leadership
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Web Address for Applications: http://careers.deloitte.com/united-states/experienced-professionals/opportunities.aspx?UniqueID=10528572000006842010
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 13-Jun-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.