LINGUIST List 22.2690|
Tue Jun 28 2011
Jobs: Italian; General Ling: Speech Data Project Manager, Word of Mouth
Editor for this issue: Christy Bird
New! Visit LL's Multitree project for over 1000 trees dynamically generated from scholarly hypotheses about language relationships:
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
1. Elixabete Murguia ,
Italian; General Linguistics; Phonetics: Speech Data Project Manager, Word of Mouth, Milan, Italy
Message 1: Italian; General Linguistics; Phonetics: Speech Data Project Manager, Word of Mouth, Milan, Italy
From: Elixabete Murguia <DataOpsMangmail.com>
Subject: Italian; General Linguistics; Phonetics: Speech Data Project Manager, Word of Mouth, Milan, Italy
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Word of Mouth
Job Location: Milan, Italy
Job Rank: Speech Data Project Manager
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Phonetics
Required Language(s): Italian (ita)
Word of Mouth, a speech technology research group, is seeking qualified
candidates to fill the position of Speech Data Project Manager.
The Data Project Manager will oversee and manage work related to achieving
targeted data ouput levels and quality for speech projects in Italian.
He/she will manage a team of Data Evaluators, work on analyzing text-norm
performance, oversee lexicon/phoneset and QA studio recordings.
The work includes (but is not limited to):
- Assisting/mentoring Data Evaluators on the 3 following tasks:
(i) Semiotic classification/disambiguation work
(ii) Phonetic transcription (to create new lexicon entries) using our
phoneset and our standards
(iii) Proofreading script for voice talent, and editing for readability
- Providing expertise on pronunciations to help the experts with their
phoneset and phonotactics work
- Performing basic text normalization tasks on a huge amount of text data
- Working with internal quality control tools according to the established
- Creating verbalisation rules, such as expanding URLs, email addresses,
- Native-level speaker of Italian (with good command of standard dialect)
and fluent in English
- Must have attended elementary school in Italy
- Keen ear for phonetic nuances
- Advanced degree in (Computational) Linguistics preferred
- Knowledge of Italian phonology required, previous experience with
transcription is a plus
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Previous experience in managing external resources is a big plus
- Previous experience developing internal tools or with speech/NLP-related
projects a plus
The candidate will work on-site at the Milan office.
The duration of the project is 6-9 months (full-time) with potential for
If this sounds interesting to you and if you want to be part of an effort
to develop state-of-the-art technology, please send your CV and cover
letter in English (PDF) to the address below.
Application Deadline: 15-Jul-2011
Email Address for Applications: DataOpsMangmail.com
Phone: +34 91 748 64 68
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 28-Jun-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.