LINGUIST List 22.2732|
Fri Jul 01 2011
Support: Dutch,English & Semantics: PhD Student, CRISSP HUBrussel, Belgium
Editor for this issue: Lili Xia
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.cfm.
1. Dany Jaspers ,
Dutch, English & Semantics: PhD Student, CRISSP HUBrussel, Belgium
Message 1: Dutch, English & Semantics: PhD Student, CRISSP HUBrussel, Belgium
From: Dany Jaspers <dany.jaspershubrussel.be>
Subject: Dutch, English & Semantics: PhD Student, CRISSP HUBrussel, Belgium
E-mail this message to a friend
Institution/Organization: CRISSP HUBrussel
Web Address: http://www.crissp.be/events/crisspvacature.html
Duties: Project Work
Specialty Areas: Semantics
Required Language(s): Dutch (nld)
Languages: Dutch and English
The Center for Research in Syntax, Semantics and Phonology (CRISSP,
www.crissp.be) is a research unit that forms part of the
Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel (www.hubrussel.be) in Brussels, and that is
affiliated with the Catholic University of Leuven. CRISSP wishes to announce one
PhD-position on the formal semantics of proportional quantification in Dutch
- participation in an MPhil program.
- presentation of research results at international conferences.
- helping to organize a conference on the project topic.
- writing articles for international journals.
- writing a PhD dissertation.
- participation in CRISSP-activities.
- an MA degree in Linguistics, or Language(s) with a specialisation in
- a curious, enterprising, and creative mind; excellent analytical skills.
- good writing skills, fluency in Dutch and English.
- an interest in relating intricate language data to advanced linguistic
theorizing (formal semantics).
- an outstanding record of undergraduate and Master's level work.
- preferably research experience in the relevant field.
- an ability to work independently.
Conditions of employment:
- The position should begin Oct. 1, 2011.
- The successful applicant will be appointed at the Hogeschool-Universiteit
Brussel for one year. After a positive evaluation, the application can be
extended for another three years (in one- or two-year contracts).
- The successful applicant will receive a scholarship of approximately 1,800
EUR net per month in the first year, gradually rising to approximately 2,000 EUR
per month in the final year. No taxes are due on the scholarship, but social
security payments are.
- Applicants should be citizens of a country belonging to the Common European
Economic Space(which includes Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany,
Estonia, Finland, France, Greece,Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Iceland, Latvia,
Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the
Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia,
Spain, the Czech Republic, the UK and Sweden), or else they should have a
permanent residence permit in Belgium or be citizens of a country with which
Belgium has a treaty regarding social security.
If you are interested in applying, we would like to receive (in Dutch or English):
- any further documentation (BA, MA or M.Phil theses, representative articles or
- a letter of application (in which you describe (i) why you are interested in a
PhD project, and (ii)why you think you are a good candidate).
- your curriculum vitae.
- copies of diplomas and grade lists.
- names and full contact details of three referees.
Dr. Dany Jaspers (HUBrussel) dany.jaspershubrussel.be
Prof. Dr. Hans Smessaert (KULeuven) Hans.Smessaertarts.kuleuven.be
Applications Deadline: 01-Sep-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
Attn: Dr. Dany Jaspers
HUBrussel - CRISSP
Dr. Dany Jaspers
Phone:+32 479 700 410
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 01-Jul-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.