LINGUIST List 22.2739|
Sun Jul 03 2011
Jobs: Italian: Chair, Casa Italiana Language School
Editor for this issue: Christy Bird
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
1. Casa Italiana Language School ,
Italian: Chair, Casa Italiana Language School, DC, USA
Message 1: Italian: Chair, Casa Italiana Language School, DC, USA
From: Casa Italiana Language School <direzionecasaitalianaschool.org>
Subject: Italian: Chair, Casa Italiana Language School, DC, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Casa Italiana Language School
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: http://www.casaitalianaschool.org
Job Rank: Chair of Department
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): Italian (ita)
Part-time - 30 weekly hours
About the School:
- Casa Italiana is an equal opportunities employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age,
part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion in
the allocation of duties between employees employed at any level with
comparable job descriptions.
- Due to the physical requirements and nature of this position, as well as
venue limitations all applicants must be able to climb stairs and use a
computer without assistance.
- If you are applying from outside the U.S., please note that Casa
Italiana is unable to assist in any way with work permits or visas.
- Casa Italiana is an emanation of the Holy Rosary Church community and as
such the institution's main work ideal is based on the principle of mutual
aid and support.
Minimum Essential Requirements:
- Superior competency in Italian
- MA in teaching IFL (Italian as Foreign Language), applied linguistics,
- Minimum of 5 years IFL (Italian as Foreign Language) teaching experience
- Management experience in an IFL (Italian as Foreign Language) or other
- Proficient in the use of the PC (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Service oriented, having the ability to relate well to a wide range of
cultural groups, and be willing of promoting 'ILS' to prospective and
- Goal-oriented, a hands-on manager, and able to identify the need for -
and initiate- action plans to continuously improve the services provided
- Problem-solving, flexible attitude
- Must be eligible to live and work in the U.S.
- PhD in teaching IFL, applied linguistics, or humanities
- Previous experience in the direction of language schools
- This is a part-time job with 30 weekly hours.
- The position requires the presence in the school from Sunday to Thursday
with three evenings per week.
- The mission of the Casa Italiana Language School (CILS) Director is to
promote the Italian language and culture by ensuring high level quality of
teaching for both adult and children language courses, offered by Casa
Italiana and by other private and public schools (primary, middle, and high
schools in the Washington metropolitan area (elementary, middle, and high)
with which Casa Italiana has established an ongoing relationship).
- The Director is required to manage the financial and human resources of
Casa Italiana and she/he is directly accountable to the School President,
with whom regular meetings need to be held.
- The Director must act in accordance with Casa Italiana Language School
mission statement and with all the decisions that have been or will be
approved by the President and the Casa Italiana Language School Board of
- The Director has the authority to make decisions on the daily running of
the school, while keeping the President regularly informed.
- More specifically, the Director is responsible for educational program
offered by the school, including the supervision of faculty, the
organization of teacher training and faculty meetings, as well as the
management of learning resources.
To apply, please follow the application URL below.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: direzionecasaitalianaschool.org
Web Address for Applications: http://www.casaitalianaschool.org/newdirector.html
Casa Italiana Language School
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 03-Jul-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.