LINGUIST List 22.2916|
Sun Jul 17 2011
Jobs: Various Languages: Computational Linguists, Oracle Corp.
Editor for this issue: Christy Bird
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
1. Louise de Jong ,
Various Languages: Computational Linguists, Oracle Corp., District of Columbia, USA
Message 1: Various Languages: Computational Linguists, Oracle Corp., District of Columbia, USA
From: Louise de Jong <louise.kemp-de.jongoracle.com>
Subject: Various Languages: Computational Linguists, Oracle Corp., District of Columbia, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Oracle Corp.
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Job Rank: Computational Linguists
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
Oracle ATG Search and Language Group Department
Washington, DC (No Remote opportunities)
ATG is an e-Commerce company recently acquired by Oracle. ATG offers
commerce and knowledge applications which use the ATG Search product. This
product supports over 15 languages but will need to support 32 in the near
future. The ATG Search group develops the software and language
dictionaries and other linguistic data to support search.
We are seeking 2 computational linguists for research and development
related to a multi-language natural language processing system.
Qualified candidates must be native or near-native speakers of at least one
of the following languages:
Proficiency in at least one additional language is a strong plus.
- Must have 2-5 yrs of professional experience as a computational linguistics
- Academic degree or professional experience in computational linguistics
- Experience with creating morphological rules for languages both familiar
- Proficiency with regular expressions and basic Unix/Linux shell commands
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in a scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.) is a plus
The candidates will be responsible for:
- Creating, developing, and maintaining lexicons and morphological rules
in a variety of languages
- Quality assessment of existing language work
- Ongoing testing and evaluation of language-related aspects of search product
- Researching and evaluating alternative tokenization and morphological
- Collecting, evaluating, and maintaining training corporation
If interested, please send your resume to Louise de Jong at
Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2011
Email Address for Applications: louise.kemp-de.jongoracle.com
Louise de Jong
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 17-Jul-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.