LINGUIST List 22.3401|
Mon Aug 29 2011
Jobs: INDES Program Coordinator: Inter-American Development Bank
Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
1. Pozzoli ,
INDES Language and Advanced Communications Skills: Program Coordinator, Inter-American Development Bank, DC, USA
Message 1: INDES Language and Advanced Communications Skills: Program Coordinator, Inter-American Development Bank, DC, USA
From: Pozzoli <mpozzoliiadb.org>
Subject: INDES Language and Advanced Communications Skills: Program Coordinator, Inter-American Development Bank, DC, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Inter-American Development Bank
Department: Economic and Social Development (INDES)
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: http://www.iadb.org/en/careers
Job Rank: Learning & Knowledge Management Specialist/Sr Associate
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Learning & Knowledge Management Specialist/SR Associate
INDES Language and Advanced Communications Skills Program Coordinator
As the Language and Communications Skills Program Coordinator, the
prospective candidate will coordinate the design, development, delivery, and
evaluation of the different components and learning modalities of the LCSP,
providing the most appropriate training services for the development and
strengthening of language and communication skills needed in all Bank's
functions. The position reports to the INDES Chief. The main responsibilities
of the position are:
- Curriculum Design
- Conduct needs assessments that are appropriately targeted to audience
- Translate learning needs assessment into effective training curricula (online
- Prepares appropriate materials to meet identified needs.
- Work closely with course clients and instructors in order to develop the
most effective training programs for the Bank.
- Coaches/collaborates with subject matter experts in defining, selecting, and
developing content for special initiatives or projects.
- Researches for new materials and methods in order to select appropriate
textbooks, online courses, self-learning tools, and other training materials that
ensure the most current information and methodologies are being used.
- Promote learning delivery diversification, including on-the-job and non-
formal delivery tools.
- Build partnerships with other key learning teams inside and outside the
Bank, promoting exchange of learning programs, and ensuring state-of-the-art
knowledge and learning practices are brought into Bank's learning programs.
- Monitor program performance and identifies areas of improvement to make
recommendations to the INDES Chief.
- Acts as a gatekeeper for the programs and develops formal processes to
obtain feedback from Bank staff regarding the effectiveness of the program.
- Monitors instructor performance, identifies areas of improvement, makes
recommendations to instructors and follows up on progress.
- Monitors and records student progress by setting up, reviewing and
maintaining an evaluation system.
- Recommend and support the design, development and delivery of
evaluations tools for short-term and long-term assessments.
- Prepares and maintains information regarding participation in Program by
- Prepares and presents academic and budgetary periodic reports.
Program Delivery and Contracting Aspects
- Manages day-to-day academic and administrative matters of the Program
- Supports country offices in the administration of LCSP face-to-face and
- Coordinates the selection and provision of services by Bank consultants
and by outside language institutes, both at Headquarters and in country
- Coordinates and monitors quality of intensive language program provision
by outside providers who are located outside Headquarters.
- Undertakes searches for consultants, review resumes, and interviews and
- Prepares terms of reference for the hiring of individual consultants for the
design and/or delivery of courses.
- Supervises all activities associated with payments and disbursements in
accordance with contract agreements.
- Prepares Terms of Reference for RFP for the contracting of firms for the
provision of academic services and participates in the selection process.
- Provides information for budget preparation, execution, and monitoring.
*A Turnover Appointment is offered under a fixed-term non-renewable
employment contract of up to a maximum of 5 years.
Application Deadline: 05-Sep-2011
Web Address for Applications: http://www.iadb.org/careers
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 29-Aug-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.