LINGUIST List 22.3440|
Wed Aug 31 2011
Calls: English, Applied Linguistics/Ukraine
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
LINGUIST is pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new feature: Easy Abstracts! Easy Abs is a free abstract submission and review facility designed to help conference organizers and reviewers accept and process abstracts online. Just go to: http://www.linguistlist.org/confcustom, and begin your conference customization process today! With Easy Abstracts, submission and review will be as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Tatyana Yakhontova ,
Teaching English Academic Writing
Message 1: Teaching English Academic Writing
From: Tatyana Yakhontova <tyakhyahoo.com>
Subject: Teaching English Academic Writing
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Teaching English Academic Writing
Short Title: TEAW II
Date: 18-Nov-2011 - 19-Nov-2011
Location: L'viv, Ukraine
Contact Person: Tatyana Yakhontova
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://ceaw.org.ua
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics
Subject Language(s): English
Call Deadline: 30-Sep-2011
The aim of the 2nd International Conference ‘Teaching English Academic Writing in Ukraine and Elsewhere: Problems and Prospects’ is to discuss theoretical and applied aspects of teaching English academic communication, share pedagogical experience, and develop innovative teaching methods.
1. Importance of Teaching English Academic Writing in the Context of the Bologna Process (Chair – Dr. Valentyna Maksymuk, vmaksymukgmail.com)
2. Methodology of Teaching English Academic Writing (Chair – Dr. Svitlana Markelova, markelovuoregon.edu)
3. Use of New Technologies in Teaching Academic Writing (Chair – Dr. Olha Ivashchyshyn, ivashogmail.com)
4. Research of English Academic Discourse (Chair – Dr. Tatyana Yakhontova, tyakhyahoo.com)
Registration fee for international participants: 50 EUR (to be paid on site)
Fees include the conference kit, one lunch and coffee breaks (conference dinner is not included)
For hotel reservations, please, write to Tetiana Fitio at fittyoyahoo.co.uk or go to http://www.kiev-hotel.com/Lviv_hotel or http://www.inlviv.info/hotels.
Call for Papers:
Presentation Formats and Participation Options:
- Individual oral presentation (up to 15 minutes)
- Workshop (60 minutes): Interactive presentation with active participation of the audience
- Participation without a presentation
The conference languages will be English and Ukrainian.
Deadline for proposals: September 30, 2011
Conference application materials (to be sent electronically to Chairs of the panels chosen by participants themselves in accordance with the topic of submission):
- Abstract of the presentation
- Registration form
More information can be found at: http://ceaw.org.ua
Conference application materials submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 31-Aug-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.