LINGUIST List 22.4034|
Sat Oct 15 2011
Calls: Computational Linguistics/Turkey
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
LINGUIST is pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new feature: Easy Abstracts! Easy Abs is a free abstract submission and review facility designed to help conference organizers and reviewers accept and process abstracts online. Just go to: http://www.linguistlist.org/confcustom, and begin your conference customization process today! With Easy Abstracts, submission and review will be as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Helene Mazo ,
Language Resources and Evaluation Conference
Message 1: Language Resources and Evaluation Conference
From: Helene Mazo <mazoelda.org>
Subject: Language Resources and Evaluation Conference
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Language Resources and Evaluation Conference
Short Title: LREC 2012
Date: 21-May-2012 - 27-May-2012
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Contact Person: Hélène Mazo
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.lrec-conf.org/lrec2012
Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics
Call Deadline: 24-Oct-2011
8th ELRA Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation
Istanbul Convention & Exhibition Centre (ICEC, Lütfi Kirdar Centre)
Conference web site: http://www.lrec-conf.org/lrec2012
The 8th edition of the Language Resources and Evaluation Conference will take place in Istanbul (Turkey) at the ICEC Lütfi Kirdar Centre.
The aim of LREC is to provide an overview of the state-of-the-art, explore new R&D directions and emerging trends, exchange information regarding LRs and their applications, evaluation methodologies and tools, ongoing and planned activities, industrial uses and needs, requirements coming from the e-society, both with respect to policy issues and to technological and organisational ones.
LREC provides a unique forum for researchers, industrials and funding agencies from across a wide spectrum of areas to discuss problems and opportunities, find new synergies and promote initiatives for international cooperation, in support to investigations in language sciences, progress and innovation in language technologies and development of corresponding products, services and applications, and standards.
The International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation is organised by ELRA biennially with the support of institutions and organisations involved in Human Language Technology.
Pre-Conference Workshops & Tutorials: May 21-22, 2012
Main Conference: May 23-24-25, 2012
Post-Conference Workshops & Tutorials: May 26-27, 2012
2nd Call for Papers:
New deadline for submission of abstracts, workshops, tutorials and panels: 24 October 2011 (23:59 GMT+1)
Issues in the Design, Construction and Use of Language Resources (LRs): Text, Speech, Multimodality:
- Guidelines, standards, best practices and models for LRs interoperability
- Methodologies and tools for LRs construction and annotation
- Methodologies and tools for the extraction and acquisition of knowledge
- Ontologies and knowledge representation
- Integration between (multilingual) LRs, ontologies and Semantic Web technologies
- Integration between (multilingual) LRs and multimedia technologies
- Metadata descriptions of LRs and metadata for semantic/content markup
Exploitation of LRs in Different Types of Systems and Applications:
- Sign language, multimedia information and multimodal communication
- LRs in systems and applications such as: information extraction, information retrieval, audio-visual and multimedia search, speech dictation, meeting transcription, Computer Aided Language Learning, training and education, mobile communication, machine translation, speech translation, summarisation, web services, semantic search, text mining, inferencing, reasoning, etc.
- Different types of interfaces: (speech-based) dialogue systems, natural language and multimodal/multisensorial interactions, voice activated services, etc.
- Use of (multilingual) LRs in various fields of application, like e-government, e-culture, e-health, e-participation, mobile applications, etc.
- Industrial LRs requirements, user needs
Issues in Language Technologies Evaluation:
- LT Evaluation methodologies, protocols and measures
- Validation, quality assurance, evaluation of LRs
- Benchmarking of systems and products
- Usability evaluation of LT-based user interfaces, interactions and dialogue systems
- Usability and user satisfaction evaluation
General Issues Regarding LRs & Evaluation:
- National and international activities and projects
- International collaboration and co-operation
- Multilingual issues
- Priorities, perspectives, strategies in national and international policies for LRs
- Language coverage and diversity, less resourced languages, endangered languages
- Open, linked and shared data and tools, Open and collaborative architectures
- Organisational, economical, ethical and legal issues
Hot Topic: Speech & Multimodal Resources
Speech and Multimodal Resources are the special topics for LREC 2012, and submissions dedicated to these modalities are encouraged. Also papers integrating speech and/or multimodal with written resources are particularly welcome.
Submitted abstracts of papers for oral and poster or demo presentations should consist of about 1500-2000 words.
Proposals for panels, workshops and tutorials will be reviewed by the Programme Committee.
Submit an Abstract for Oral and Poster presentation:
Submit a Proposal for Workshop, Tutorial or Panel:
Submission of proposals for panels, workshops and tutorials: 24 October 2011
Submission of proposals for oral and poster/demo papers: 24 October 2011
Notification of acceptance of panels, workshops and tutorials proposals: 20 November 2011
Notification of acceptance of oral papers, posters: 1 February 2012
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 15-Oct-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.