LINGUIST List 22.4581|
Wed Nov 16 2011
Calls: English, Applied Ling, Socioling/Turkey
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
LINGUIST is pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new feature: Easy Abstracts! Easy Abs is a free abstract submission and review facility designed to help conference organizers and reviewers accept and process abstracts online. Just go to: http://www.linguistlist.org/confcustom, and begin your conference customization process today! With Easy Abstracts, submission and review will be as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Yasemin Bayyurt ,
5th International Conference of English as a Lingua Franca
Message 1: 5th International Conference of English as a Lingua Franca
From: Yasemin Bayyurt <bayyurtyboun.edu.tr>
Subject: 5th International Conference of English as a Lingua Franca
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 5th International Conference of English as a Lingua Franca
Short Title: ELF5
Date: 24-May-2012 - 26-May-2012
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Contact Person: Yasemin Bayyurt & Sumru Akcan
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.elf5.org
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Sociolinguistics
Subject Language(s): English
Call Deadline: 06-Jan-2012
The 5th International Conference of English as a Lingua Franca is being hosted by Boğaziçi University, Faculty of Education, Department of Foreign Language Education, Istanbul, Turkey from May 24 to 26, 2012.
The conference theme is: 'Pedagogical Implications of ELF in the Expanding Circle'
However, the conference is open to all other ELF related topics such as:
- ELF and Language Policy
- ELF and Language Education
- Collecting ELF Corpora and Describing ELF
- The Sociolinguistics of ELF
- Contact Languages and ELF
- ELF and Multilingualism
- Cem Alptekin, Boğaziçi University, Turkey
- Martin Dewey, King's College London, UK
- Enric Llurda, University of Lleida, Spain
- Tim McNamara, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Jennifer Jenkins, University of Southampton, UK
- Anna Mauranen, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Barbara Seidlhofer, University of Vienna, Austria
- Henry Widdowson, University of Vienna, Austria
Special Symposia Organizers:
- Robert Baird, University of Southampton, UK
- Kingsley Bolton and David Graddol, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Ahmar Mahboob, The University of Sydney, Australia
- Nicos Sifakis, Hellenic Open University, Greece and Andrew Blair, University of Sussex, UK
2nd Call for Papers:
We would like to invite you to submit abstracts for the 5th International Conference of English as a Lingua Franca (ELF5) which is being hosted by the Department of Foreign Language Education at Boğaziçi University. The theme of the conference is 'Pedagogical Implications of ELF in the Expanding Circle'. However, you may submit abstracts on ELF-related topics, such as ELF and language education, the sociolinguistics of ELF, and ELF and language policy.
Abstracts should be in English for paper, visual and symposium presentations. The deadline for abstract submission is January 6, 2012.
All paper presentations will be published in the ELF5 Conference Proceedings Book. The deadline for full paper submission is June 15, 2012. In addition, selected conference papers will be published by a distinguished publishing house in the field.
For more information please visit the official conference website at:
If you require further information, please contact us at infoelf5.org.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 16-Nov-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.