LINGUIST List 22.4661|
Tue Nov 22 2011
Jobs: English; Linguistics: Instructor or Asst Prof, Mokpo University
Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson
New! Visit LL's Multitree project for over 1000 trees dynamically generated from scholarly hypotheses about language relationships:
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
1. Seok-Ju Kang ,
English; New English; Linguistics: Instructor or Assistant Professor, Mokpo University, Mokpo City, Jeonlanamdo, South Korea
Message 1: English; New English; Linguistics: Instructor or Assistant Professor, Mokpo University, Mokpo City, Jeonlanamdo, South Korea
From: Seok-Ju Kang <cracowmokpo.ac.kr>
Subject: English; New English; Linguistics: Instructor or Assistant Professor, Mokpo University, Mokpo City, Jeonlanamdo, South Korea
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Mokpo University
Department: English Language and Literature
Job Location: Mokpo City, Jeonlanamdo, Korea, South
Web Address: http://www.mokpo.ac.kr
Job Rank: Full time instructor or Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Linguistics: Full-time, Tenure Track Position (Full-time Instructor or Assistant
Professor), Mokpo National University, South Korea
The Department of English Language & Literature at Mokpo National
University, South Korea, invites one native speaker of English for a Tenure
Track position, with specialization in Linguistics(except for Phonology and
Phonetics). The successful candidate will be appointed as either a full-time
instructor or an assistant professor depending on teaching and research
experience in the specified field.
- A Doctoral degree in Linguistics(except for Phonology and Phonetics)
- A non-Korean, native speaker of English
- At least one published research paper in professional journals or paper
presented at conference (in case of single author)
- Teaching load
* Lectures at the undergraduate level: minimum nine hours per week per
* The school year consists of two semesters: the first starting in March and
the second starting in September
* Lectures at the graduate level: a three-week program during summer &
- Other duties
* Office hours
* MA thesis supervision
* Faculty meetings
* Other general duties as a regular faculty member
- Salary will be highly competitive at the university level in Korea and
commensurate with your:
* teaching and research experiences
* Performance evaluation (the incentive scheme guided by Korean
- The employment for this full-time position is secured by the Korean
government's employment policy and the University's employment
- National pension and health insurance
- An efficiency apartment on campus equipped with the basic utilities costing
approximately $200 per month (available for singles only)
- One-way airfare for those candidates who visit us for a job interview
5. Application Documents:
- Completed application form (see attached form 1)
- Original diplomas from your college and graduate school(s) or photocopies
of them certified by the Korean Consulate located in your country. Or
Certificates of Graduation from your college and graduate school(s) (one copy
- Transcripts from your college and graduate school(s) (one copy each)
- A list of teaching and research experience (see attached form 2)
- Proof of Employment (one copy each from your employer(s))
- A copy of your dissertation or thesis (if applicable)(one copy)
- An abstract of your dissertation or thesis (if applicable)(see attached form3)
- A list of your published research paper in professional journals, books and
paper presented at conference only published or presented on or after
December 31, 2007 (see attached form 4)
- All application forms can be found at the application URL below.
6. Application Deadline:
- Application materials must be received by December 30, 2011.
- To apply for this position, please visit the Office of Academic Affairs or
send your application package by mail. Your application must be delivered to
the office by 6 p.m. (Korean standard time), on December 30, 2011.
7. Important Dates
- Application period: December 1 - December 30, 2011.
- Demo class and interviews: January 27, 2012
- Official job offer announcement: February 16, 2012
- Employment is expected to start on March 1, 2012, but the real
employment will start after background security check.
8. Application Mailing Address:
- Please send all the documents to the application address below.
9. Additional Notes:
- The various forms required are downloadable from the Mokpo National
University website (http://www.mokpo.ac.kr).
- Submitted documents will not be returned except for original diplomas.
Application Deadline: 30-Dec-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
Job Application Office of Academic Affairs Mokpo National University
61 Dorim-Ri Cheongye-Myeon
Muan-Gun, JeonNam 534-729
Web Address for Applications: http://eng.mokpo.ac.kr/english/englishSub.do?si_id=23&sm_id=763¬i_seq=37754&anws_seq=999&bm_id=140
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 22-Nov-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.