LINGUIST List 22.4859|
Mon Dec 05 2011
Jobs: Foreign Lang Division Director, Int'l Center for Language Studies
Editor for this issue: Christy Bird
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
1. Zsolt Szentkiralyi ,
Language Acquisition: Director, Foreign Language Division, International Center for Language Studies, District of Columbia, USA
Message 1: Language Acquisition: Director, Foreign Language Division, International Center for Language Studies, District of Columbia, USA
From: Zsolt Szentkiralyi <zszentkiralyiicls.com>
Subject: Language Acquisition: Director, Foreign Language Division, International Center for Language Studies, District of Columbia, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: International Center for Language Studies
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: http://www.icls.com
Job Rank: Director, Foreign Language Division
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition
Well-established language training company in the Metro DC area seeks
qualified individuals to apply for a position in a highly competitive, fast-
paced environment as the Director of its Foreign Language Division.
The Director provides leadership for the entire Foreign Language Division,
which consists of an administrative staff and over 100 instructors. The
Director's responsibilities include the following:
- Managing language training programs which bring adult professionals
from the US government and private sector to high levels of language
proficiency in speaking, listening and reading.
- Monitoring students' progress and finding solutions to address learning
and instructional issues.
- Maintaining close contact with client agencies and ensuring compliance
with their contractual requirements, as well as promoting the language
programs to develop new clients for the company.
- Overseeing the recruitment, training, and development of instructors who
provide job-related proficiency-based language and culture training at all
levels, from beginning to advanced, in an intensive immersion-based
- Overseeing language proficiency testing.
- Overseeing the design of new courses and/or extensive revisions to
existing training courses.
The successful Candidate will be an energetic, enthusiastic individual who
- Supervisory and management experience at a commensurate level, able
to work with limited direction on sometimes ambiguous tasks. The ability to
effectively manage time, multiple priorities and projects is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, able to manage
and resolve conflict. Demonstrated ability to help adult professionals
resolve problems is highly desirable.
- A Master's Degree. A degree in Teaching, Linguistics, Education, or a
related field is preferred, but other subjects are acceptable if relevant
experience can be demonstrated.
- Familiarity with current best practices in all aspects of foreign language
teaching methodologies, e.g. curriculum design, teacher training, classroom
pedagogy, and materials development.
- Familiarity with Federal Government contracting procedures, especially
for the Department of Defense and the GSA schedule
- Experience learning a foreign language, preferably as an adult, and
proficiency in at least one language other than English. Having lived
overseas is also desirable.
- Knowledge of ILR proficiency levels, as well as familiarity with proficiency-
based language testing formats.
- The ability to work in a multicultural setting.
Prior management and supervisory experience is of primary importance.
Based on the candidate's experience and qualifications, salary range can
be expected to be $70,000 - $85,000.
Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2012 (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: zszentkiralyiicls.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 05-Dec-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.