LINGUIST List 22.815|
Fri Feb 18 2011
Jobs: Senior Acquisitions Editor, Languages, Georgetown U Press
Editor for this issue: Christy Bird
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
1. Georgetown University Press ,
Senior Acquisitions Editor, Languages, Georgetown University Press, USA
Message 1: Senior Acquisitions Editor, Languages, Georgetown University Press, USA
From: Georgetown University Press <gupressgeorgetown.edu>
Subject: Senior Acquisitions Editor, Languages, Georgetown University Press, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Georgetown University Press
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: http://press.georgetown.edu/
Job Rank: Senior Acquisitions Editor, Languages
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition
Join Georgetown Languages, the dynamic and growing Georgetown University
Press program, to acquire foreign language learning materials, linguistics
texts, and reference materials. We seek a creative and experienced editor
who has acquired in this field and who knows SLA pedagogy.
- Acquire high-quality and pedagogically current foreign language learning
textbook and multimedia learning materials for the higher education market.
- Shepherd potential projects through review process and financial analysis.
- Collaborate with textbook authors to determine and develop appropriate
content and functionality for digital accompaniments.
- Work with authors, editors, and vendors to develop multimedia materials.
- Propose and help execute the best digital delivery for each multimedia
- Represent the press at academic meetings.
Languages and linguistics are central to the Georgetown University Press
mission and publishing future. Georgetown University Press has a friendly,
collegial culture and was recently named by Book Business magazine the
third best publishing company to work for in America.
- Minimum of eight years experience in foreign language book and
multimedia publishing, especially textbook publishing, with broad
understanding of entire publishing process.
- Minimum five years experience in acquiring books.
- Understanding of current trends of foreign language learning pedagogy,
as well as of the complexities of writing and producing foreign language
- Experience developing foreign language learning multimedia.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with authors and editors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia programs and comfort learning new
- Knowledge/study of at least one foreign language; conversant in at least
one language preferred.
- Master's degree; preference given to education beyond master's level.
- Willingness to travel 10-15% of time.
Send cover letter and resume as email attachments to the
application email address below.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Email Address for Applications: gupressgeorgetown.edu
Georgetown University Press
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 18-Feb-2011
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.