Haven't You Always Wanted to Lead Your Peers to Glory?
Editor for this issue: Anna Belew
Date: 29-Feb-2012 From: LINGUIST List <linguistlinguistlist.org> Subject: We Want YOU as a Graduate Tournament Coordinator! E-mail this message to a friend
Dear LINGUIST List Subscriber,
Each year, one of the most popular features of Fund Drive is the Graduate School Challenge, in which institutions worldwide compete to raise the most money for LINGUIST List. It's a great way to show support for your school, win accolades for your program, and indulge a bit of the friendly rivalry between graduate schools.
This year, we're sending out a rallying call for heroic Student Coordinators to serve as their schools' champions in the Graduate Tournament. The role of the Student Coordinator is to serve as the contact point for their program, and to lead their school to total, glorious victory in the Tournament. In addition to the honor of serving their schools, all Coordinators will be entered in a drawing for an additional LINGUIST List prize! Here's how to be a Coordinator:
1. Send an email to mattlinguistlist.org with your contact information and your school's name; we'll enter you in the prize drawing.
2. Print the informational poster found at http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2012/LLGraduateTournamentPoster.pdf and post it in your department. Feel free to post 3 of them, or maybe 50.
3. Coordinate donations from anyone (and everyone!) at your school. Make sure that they enter your institution's name when submitting their donations so that they're properly credited to your program. Of course, the more you promote the LINGUIST List Fund Drive, the more donations your school will be credited for!
4. You can also gather smaller donations and pool them into one larger donation-- this helps us a lot by cutting down the portion of donations lost to credit card fees. It's also a great option for students who prefer not to, or can't, donate via credit card.
5. Whenever your school is in the lead, its name and logo will be featured at the top of the LINGUIST List homepage!
6. At the end of Fund Drive, the overall top school and the top schools for each region will receive very special prizes, prominent recognition on the homepage, and undisputed gloating rights for the rest of the year.
What are you waiting for? Sign up as a Graduate School Coordinator, and lead your school to victory! Learn more about the Challenge, and see the current leaderboards, at the Graduate Tournament page:
For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.
Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.