LINGUIST List 23.1918|
Tue Apr 17 2012
Jobs: Phonetics: Transcription Coordinator, Nuance Communications
Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to engage in non-discriminatory hiring practices. We urge employers not to discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/posttolinguist.cfm
From: Craig Robertson <Craig.Robertsonnuance.com>
Subject: Phonetics: Transcription Coordinator, Nuance Communications, Merelbeke, Belgium
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: , Belgium
Web Address: http://nuance.com
Job Rank: Transcription Coordinator
Specialty Areas: Phonetics
You will coordinate the work of a group of external transcriptionists for a
variety of languages and domains, and will report to the Lingware
Transcription Services Group Manager.
- Prepare, coordinate, follow-up and monitor QA of transcriptions submitted
- Integrate new and updated transcriptions into existing databases
- Train new phoneticians
- Oversee and maintain overall transcription quality
- Keep project admin up-to-date at all times and maintain accurate records of
- Check projects costs for accuracy and match to purchase order
- Assist in data quality improvement projects
- Create/test/integrate phonetic mapping tables
- Assist with improvements to tools/systems/processes/etc.
- Exercise sound judgment in keeping supervisor informed of potential
- Master's degree in linguistics, computational linguistics or equivalent first
- Specialization in phonetics or experience with phonetic transcription work
- Good working knowledge of Windows based applications, MS Office, and
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Fluent in English
- Multi-tasking: able to monitor multiple projects at the same time under high
pressure and with tight deadlines
- Excellent social and communicative abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Has good sense of responsibility and shows initiative
- Programming/scripting skills preferred
- Knowledge of additional languages would be an asset
- Project management experience desirable
Application Deadline: 31-May-2012
Email Address for Applications: craig.robertsonnuance.com
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 17-Apr-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.