LINGUIST List 23.2552|
Thu May 31 2012
Calls: General Linguistics/Austria
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
New! Visit LL's Multitree project for over 1000 trees dynamically generated from scholarly hypotheses about language relationships:
LINGUIST is pleased to announce an exciting service: Easy Abstracts! Easy Abs is a free abstract submission and review facility designed to help conference organizers and reviewers accept and process abstracts online. Just go to: http://www.linguistlist.org/confcustom, and begin your conference customization process today! With Easy Abstracts, submission and review will be as easy as 1-2-3!
From: Dalina Kallulli <dalina.kallulliunivie.ac.at>
Subject: Syntax, Phonology and Language Analysis 5
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Syntax, Phonology and Language Analysis 5
Short Title: SinFonIJA5
Date: 27-Sep-2012 - 29-Sep-2012
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact Person: Dalina Kallulli
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.univie.ac.at/sinfonija
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Call Deadline: 10-Jun-2012
We are pleased to announce that the 5th Syntax, Phonology and Language Analysis conference (SinFonIJA 5) will take place at the University of Vienna, on 27-29 September 2012.
1. Barbara Citko (University of Washington, Seattle)
2. Maribel Romero (Konstanz)
3. Tim Stowell (UCLA)
4. Péter Szigetvári (Budapest)
5. Michael Wagner (McGill, Montreal)
2nd Call for Papers:
Abstracts are invited from all areas of theoretical linguistics, including phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, language acquisition and historical linguistics. Submissions from other areas of linguistics will also be considered, provided that the theoretical significance of the paper is clearly demonstrated in the abstract.
For the conference, we invite abstracts for either a 30 minute oral presentation, followed by 10 min of discussion, or for a poster presentation.
Submissions will be anonymously refereed.
Abstracts are to be submitted through EasyChair - see the conference website for details.
- Abstracts should be no longer than 2 pages, including examples intertwined in the text (rather than on a separate page) and references.
- Submissions are restricted to a maximum of one single-authored and one co-authored abstract (or two co-authored abstracts).
- The name and the affiliation of the author(s) must not appear on the abstract.
- The language of the conference is English.
- Page format: A4, 2,54 cm (one inch) margins on all sides, single-spaced, with a font size no smaller than 12, and with normal character spacing
- File format: .pdf
- File name: use one word from your abstract's title as the file name
Deadline for abstract submission: 10 June 2012
Notification of acceptance: 15 July 2012
Final program: 7 August 2012
Conference: 27-29 September 2012
If you have any questions about the conference, please feel free to get in touch with the organizers at sinfonija.linguisticsunivie.ac.at.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 31-May-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.