LINGUIST List 23.2678|
Mon Jun 11 2012
Calls: Language Acquisition, Applied Ling, Psycholing/Croatia
Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee
LINGUIST is pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new feature: Easy Abstracts! Easy Abs is a free abstract submission and review facility designed to help conference organizers and reviewers accept and process abstracts online. Just go to: http://www.linguistlist.org/confcustom, and begin your conference customization process today! With Easy Abstracts, submission and review will be as easy as 1-2-3!
From: Morana Lukač <moranalukacgmail.com>
Subject: Crosslinguistic Influence in Language Learning
E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Crosslinguistic Influence in Language Learning
Short Title: CLI 2012
Date: 15-Nov-2012 - 17-Nov-2012
Location: Zadar, Croatia
Contact Person: Tanja Gulan
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://workshop.transfer-in-language-learning.net/
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics
Call Deadline: 30-Jun-2012
The Linguistics Department at the University of Zadar is pleased to announce the international workshop 'New Perspectives on Crosslinguistic Influence in Language Learning' which will be held November 15-17, 2012. This workshop is intended to bring together specialists working on crosslinguistic influence in language learning in order to discuss new perspectives and current issues in this area of research, such as the following (cf. Scott & Jarvis 2008:5):
- Studies dealing with the causes, constraints, the selectivity, and directionality of crosslinguistic influence
- Investigations on the scope and on different types of crosslinguistic influence (transfer of linguistic structures, socio-culturally shaped patterns of language usage, learning strategies, and others)
- Investigations on the implications of the insights into crosslinguistic influence for the teaching and learning of L1, L2, L3 etc. and for multiple language learning in general
- Studies dealing with the connection between crosslinguistic influence and linguistic awareness, especially with reference to third language acquisition
- Theoretical models that account for different causes, occurrences and manifestations of crosslinguistic influence; theories that explain the influence of cognitive, linguistic and extralinguistic factors in crosslinguistic influence
- Studies focusing on the development and the testing of hypotheses concerning crosslinguistic influence on the basis of theoretical models
The international scientific symposium is organized by the Linguistics Department at the University of Zadar. As the final workshop in the frame of the project 'Transfer as a Strategy in Foreign Language Learning' (http://www.transfer-in-language-learning.net/), the event is conceived as a one-time workshop. However, we hope that interesting papers and lively discussions will contribute to establishing a new tradition at the Zadar Linguistics Department.
We are pleased to announce that the following specialists will be presenting plenary talks: Ulrike Jessner-Schmid (University of Innsbruck, Austria) and Gessica De Angelis (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy).
Final Call for Papers:
The deadline for submission of abstracts has been extended to 30 June 2012. We invite papers on crosslinguistic influence in language learning and related topics.
Deadline: Abstract submission, 30 June 2012
Notification: Abstract acceptance, 31 July 2012
Registration: 20 July - 30 September 2012
Workshop: 15 - 17 November 2012
Further information on paper submission, registration, program, conference fees, bank account etc. is available at http://workshop.transfer-in-language-learning.net/.
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 11-Jun-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.