LINGUIST List 23.2845|
Tue Jun 26 2012
Jobs: Applied Ling: Chair of Department, Virginia International University
Editor for this issue: Svetlana Tchistiakova
From: Heidi Rodeffer <jobsviu.edu>
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Chair of Department, Virginia International University, Virginia, USA
E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Virginia International University
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://www.viu.edu
Job Rank: Chair of Department
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Virginia International University is seeking to fill the position of Full-time
TESOL Program Director in our School of English Language Studies.
Responsible for the academics, development, and management of the
TESOL program. Supervises full-time and part-time staff/faculty of the
Job-Specific Duties include:
- Manage course scheduling and calendar for each semester.
- Evaluate and develop curriculum for the existing and new TESOL courses.
- Work with the HR department to recruit and hire qualified instructors that fit
program requirements and train them.
- Direct and supervise the work of the adjunct faculty of the TESOL program.
- Conduct classroom observations and evaluate faculty's instructional
- Advise students on academic policies and disciplinary issues.
- Manage the VIU TESOL website; conduct surveys and assist with the VIU
TESOL page on social media sites to better involve and engage students and
- Instruct TESOL courses as necessary.
- Research textbooks, software products, websites, and language lab learning
activities that can help students' language learning.
- Develop fully online TESOL program.
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Represent the School to internal and external academic communities,
alumni, business and industry, organizations, and the general community.
Education and Skills:
Master's degree in TESOL; 5+ years of experience in teaching college-level
TESOL courses and managing TESOL programs required.
Skills: Excellent oral and written English communication skills; excellent
organizational and time management skills; ability to work with a highly
diverse staff, faculty, and student body; ability to excel in a demanding,
outcome oriented and dynamic work environment; high Level of computer
Candidate should have good communication skills and be able to carry out
projects through to completion, with minimal supervision.
Please send a Cover Letter detailing your teaching and administrative
qualifications and abilities, CV, copies of your transcripts, and our Online
Employment Application to the email address listed below.
Please apply as soon as possible in order to be considered for this position.
Note: Hard copies and faxes will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: 03-Jul-2012
Email Address for Applications: jobsviu.edu
Web Address for Applications: http://viu.edu/docs/forms/VIU_Employment_Application.pdf
Human Resources Manager Heidi Rodeffer
Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Page Updated: 26-Jun-2012
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.